login

Author Topic: Pictures of awesomely small houses :)  (Read 1255 times)

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
Pictures of awesomely small houses :)
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »
I've always dreamed of living in a tiny house. One only large enough to support myself (or a significant other as well, possibly). I've even thought of renovating a full-size van to live in (and may still do something like that someday. To travel around in it for a while living on the road exploring. But not full time LOL)

Here are some pictures:

Treehouse, anyone?

Here's the site I pulled the images from. There are some other cool ones there as well: http://www.designboom.com/contemporary/tiny_houses.html
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

Faaip De Oiad

Re: Pictures of awesomely small houses :)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:50:13 AM »
ya eh I saw a show on HGTV about the Top 10 "Green Living" homes and one or two of them were tiny like that. I don't mind a cozy house aslong as it's upscale inside. I would build a house like that first one (just a bit bigger) if I could find the right piece land for it (wooded)
...and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
  • A/S/L : 29/F/ The shadowlands beyond Asshai
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 01:04:56 AM »
Tree house is cool

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 01:54:59 AM »
ya eh I saw a show on HGTV about the Top 10 "Green Living" homes and one or two of them were tiny like that. I don't mind a cozy house aslong as it's upscale inside. I would build a house like that first one (just a bit bigger) if I could find the right piece land for it (wooded)

Yeah, if you go to the site I linked to they have a lot of pictures of the insides of these houses. They're all quite nice (well, most of them). Like the one made of shipping containers. It looks a lot better in the inside than on the outside.
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

NihilNovi

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 1060 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To NihilNovi
  • A/S/L : 23/M/USA
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • Status Update: "Get rid of the judgement, get rid of the 'I am hurt', and you are rid of the hurt itself."
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:16:39 AM »
I wouldn't mind living in a house that small, especially the first one.

I could definitely fit all or most possessions in my compact car, the two exceptions being my bicycle and desk. Although, if I disassembled the desk, maybe. I never saw the need for big houses. Environmental impact aside, what exactly are you doing in your house that you need so many rooms?

Sleep, eat, bathe, and go on the computer/watch TV. None of those activities require a ton of space. If you want more room, go outside and do something. Not saying I don't think it'd be cool to live in a mansion, just that I don't think it's worth the price when you do a cost/benefit analysis.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:05:17 AM »
I love cozy little houses.  They are easier to keep warm, less cleaning, and also if you don't have spare rooms then distant relatives looking for a free weekend away can't come and stay with you.

There's actually this really tiny farm cottage on the drive past where I live, and I love it.  It's really old and has roses growing up the side, with a little chimney and maybe only ONE room.  I could live in that really happily.  My parent's house doesn't have a lot of bedrooms, but it's got this one really big old living room.  It's creepy to be in on my own, so I don't spend much time in there.  And also this house has extremely high ceilings, like they used to build.  And it's really hard to keep warm.  One day I have a goal of relocating a small, old cottage to my parent's farm and fixing it up for myself.  Cause I like DIYing.
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

Firo

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 06:56:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing, those houses are really cool.

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 07:31:31 AM »
Went to hongkong disneyland last week, Tarzan's treehouse was really cozy :D I bet it's awesome and 'guests-free' to live in a cottage/treehouse on a small island in a middle of a lake surrounded by fake alligators while the only way to get there's by using a raft xD
Vox, better start your project soon, you can make that small cottage like a sanctuary for yourself.. :) it's much better than a bedroom.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

EnglishChap

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 03:57:04 PM »

Nihil

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Nihil
  • Just a nobody.
  • A/S/L : 22yr old Dude from Belgium
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : People suck
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 05:53:43 AM »
Smallest houseboat ever!

Looks more like a floating outhouse.