Author Topic: What are your biggest fears about being a loner?  (Read 4459 times)

InMyDreams

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To InMyDreams
  • A/S/L : 18/f/USA
  • I am : Insecure Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : "One can be instructed in society, one is inspired only in solitude."
Re: What are your biggest fears about being a loner?
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2014, 03:27:32 AM »
My biggest fear is becoming way too comfortable with being a loner (at least, out in public). I tend to be...a lot more loose about things when I'm alone and I lose my manners about things. I've got kinda gross being a loner, I pick my noes and fart loudly (ugh, can't believe I'm admitting that >_< lol). It doesn't help that I have IBS and get gassy every now & then. I have to remind myself when I'm in a public place to behave accordingly, because if I don't.... :-( I've found that I'm not even that alone when I'm in an isolated room in a building! :O Ugh.

Idonthaveausername

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Idonthaveausername
  • A/S/L : 18/Female/USA
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Life Is a Journey. We live in a world where we love to judge but hate to be judged.
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2014, 04:05:32 AM »
My biggest fear is becoming way too comfortable with being a loner (at least, out in public). I tend to be...a lot more loose about things when I'm alone and I lose my manners about things. I've got kinda gross being a loner, I pick my noes and fart loudly (ugh, can't believe I'm admitting that >_< lol). It doesn't help that I have IBS and get gassy every now & then. I have to remind myself when I'm in a public place to behave accordingly, because if I don't.... :-( I've found that I'm not even that alone when I'm in an isolated room in a building! :O Ugh.

Haha I know EXACTLY what you mean. I am in college now and I have to live with a roommate. Fortunately, she is cool and I can fart, burp and even be naked around her to. But on a note, I just happened to be lucky, especially since I chose to have a random roommate. I am actually the same way so you are not alone.

A fear I have about being a loner is regret... I guess... I don't want to reach my mid-life and suddenly think "Wow, maybe I should have talked to more people... Maybe I should have done this or that" because what makes it worst is that I can't go back to change any of it and it will make me unhappy. Do I worry about not finding love? Well, I am only 18. I have never had a boyfriend before. But whoever my soul-mate will be, will love me for me. I am in no rush to date. The man will come my way when the time comes so I am not really worried about that.

jyp-in-the-home

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jyp-in-the-home
  • A/S/L : male
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • My loner philosophy : The world seemed reasonable when it only composed by black and white, but when the grey came that's when the difficulties were born
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 06:16:12 PM »
Well good job Idonehaveusername, always be postive. There's still a long way to run and many chances will come.

My fear of being a loner is to not be able to show my affection for the people around me who show their love for me, especially my family. I'm currently in a state where I can't even express my emotion, because my target not yet fulfilled, and it affects my attitude towards people. It has been years but it doesn't seem come to an end. This has been a complexity of mine that when I'm focusing on something then I would be less concern with others though I actually care them. One of my friend even said that I'm a kind-hearted person with a poker face. I hope my wish comes true soon so then I would be able to express myself again like I used to be. :lipsrsealed:
-- There is an antidote for every illness, we only have to ask it --

KASINI

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To KASINI
  • We're all crazy, it's just a matter of degree....
  • A/S/L : 52/M/Nevada
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • My loner philosophy : Yes
  • Status Update: Anticipating...
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2015, 05:16:16 AM »
I'm a little paranoid, admittedly regarding this...I have this fear that a bunch of big extroverts are gonna gang up on me and beat the shit out of me for not reciprocating their extrovertness...I already get a weird looks and name calling (weird, mostly).  Maybe in an Orwellian future, loners will be put in camps and forced to not be alone...

Idonthaveausername

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Idonthaveausername
  • A/S/L : 18/Female/USA
  • My loner philosophy : Life Is a Journey. We live in a world where we love to judge but hate to be judged.
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 11:14:33 AM »
I'm a little paranoid, admittedly regarding this...I have this fear that a bunch of big extroverts are gonna gang up on me and beat the shit out of me for not reciprocating their extrovertness...I already get a weird looks and name calling (weird, mostly).  Maybe in an Orwellian future, loners will be put in camps and forced to not be alone...

Yeah that gets on my nerves too. And when they all look over and say "That girl is quiet. Why is she so quiet? Maybe we should talk to her? No she is smurfing weird. I try NOT to sit near her." I've heard it all. It's just a matter of finding people that accept and understand you. When I find a man, he must be accepting and understanding of my introverted nature.

drywall jesus

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2017, 12:11:39 AM »
I liked a lot of what people said in this cuz I think about this stuff everday.  I wake up with the first thought I have being "really? No friends/social life.  That scares me, when it's hard to imagine a happy social life.

Others are: Going crazy, not being interesting enough, awkwardness in conversation, being demonized for "isolating", giving to little of a shit, coyotes, mountain lions, bears, the end days fantasies, and public humiliation.

pauly17

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To pauly17
  • I am : A loner who doesn't want to be a loner.
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • Status Update: Why in the hell I signed up to this creepy place and why I would say one word about myself on here is beyond me, must of been drinking heavy that night!
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2017, 01:31:31 AM »
Biggest fear is this is the way it will be until I die, freaks me out a bit.

I have most certainly achieved a lot & walked through what seemed like the flames of hell and did it alone for the most part for like 5 years and now I am still alone and I don't want to be but am not even sure how the heck to make new friends at 51, seems to be pretty hard for some reason.

I like to think I am a pretty easy guy to be around (I hope I am) I try to be.
I had to go through what I went through alone because it took everything I had to make it and to survive.

I really didn't have the best people around me anyway if I did they'd still be around and would of understood what I was going through.

So yea the thought I am going to be alone until I die scares me and saddens me, not all the time but occasionally it does really bring me down but usually it's just a thought of sadness & concern as well as a bit embarrassing.

I do try to put myself out there I think the problem is I am pretty much only doing it on this computer and not getting out there physically, I guess I am not sure where to go or what to do?

Being on here and typing this message is another online attempt in hopes to find like minded people who we connect & can kind of support one another with the understanding we are tired of being alone.

This is not desperation it's just the simple fact some people get swallowed up by life's problems, time flashes by and next thing we know we have drifted on to this deserted island of loneliness and we are several years older with pretty much no one around, no one we are on the same page with anyway.

Anyway Happy Thanksgiving & good luck to fellow loners...........................
Screw this place, makes me feel worse!

I am trying to delete this account but can't for some reason?
It asks for password but will not accept my password?

If anyone that is in control of this site like a moderator please delete my account, get me the hell out of here.......

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2017, 11:19:45 AM »
Welcome pauly.

Believe it or not I read your long, long intro.  (I almost gave up a few times, but persevered.)

Anyway, this is just to say hello.  I may comment on your post in the next few days.  Right now, my nightly tension headache's kicking in, so thinking isn't really possible, unless I want to risk an aneurysm.

Post Merge: November 27, 2017, 07:01:00 AM
I have a younger brother I'm bonded to and I do have my family---siblings, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces....so I'm not really afraid at this point in my life of being totally alone.

I have no shame in being a loner.  I do try to find comrades and activity partners, but not with desperation.  If I can't find somebody I can relate to enough, I'd rather be alone.

I think since I've joined this forum I've learned a lot about myself and have made some progress in self-acceptance.  I am what I am.  I believe there are areas where I can improve my life, but it will be on my terms, according my values.

I do think about family members dying, but that's not just a fear loners have, I'd think it's everyone.  But for a schizoid like me, there's an extra dimension of anxiety. 

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2018, 08:13:15 PM »
I used to be worried free, now i see my mom is getting old, my dad starts coughing a lot, i fear id be full of regrets if oneday theyre gone without grandkids as successor. If my sister still hasnt married til she's 35, i think id better find a dude just to get me pregnant.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

1josephjohn

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2018, 06:36:57 AM »
No fears of being alone at all. I wish NOBODY at all would come to my funeral... but I now those fake people will show up crying like we cared about each other PFFFFS.
I am  a loner due to the drug epidemic.