login

Author Topic: What are your biggest fears about being a loner?  (Read 4466 times)

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
Re: What are your biggest fears about being a loner?
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2011, 06:58:26 PM »
I'm generally bitter because my life sucks among other things.

I'm guessing you're not strapped into a hospital bed, plugged into a machine that moniters how alive you are. You're spending a lot of time in fast food resturants, so I guess you have money to spend on food that isn't rice and beans dropped from a UN helicopter, and you're not huddled in a dingy basement while there is a bombing campaign raining about your head. And (I can't get over this one little detail) you have housemaids.

You got it better then most, you know? Enjoy it mate

LoneBookworm

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 12:21:47 AM »
Surprisingly, I'm not concerned about not getting married or dying alone.  I don't need a partner and I'd be content to spend my last day on earth by myself.

I'm worried about finding a job.  Being around people for an extended amount of time makes me miserable, but in today's world, most jobs involve a lot of interaction.  I know that when I graduate high school and college, I'm going to have to suck it up and deal with it, but I get pretty freaked out whenever the thought crosses my mind.
I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude. –Henry David Thoreau, Walden

EdgeCrusher

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 07:59:26 AM »
getting old and having never experienced a relationship, love, and sex. to be honest it scares the hell out of me.
I'd rather have a mind open with wonder, than one closed with belief.
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

sky

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 01:24:51 PM »
Never being in a date or dying alone aren't scare me at all. My biggest fear about being a loner is when I have to be socialized in some situations. Like job interviews, groups for working/studying.
Another one is when people ask me why i'm lonely. The fear isn't coming from that question. I feel terrible because when anyone ask something like that I just wanna kill him/her, but not literally of course.

uglygirl

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 06:44:14 AM »
biggest fears

that i will die alone
that no one will ever love me
that i won't ever make any friends

isimplydontknow

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To isimplydontknow
  • A/S/L : 22/f/Brooklyn, NY
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • My loner philosophy : Quiet is good.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
Feeling alone/lonely, having to a sucky job, living in a city and not in the wilderness. Basically settling for things that I don't want at all.

Shazamal

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Shazamal
  • A/S/L : 23/F/Ontario
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
  • My loner philosophy : Nothing wrong with being quiet
  • Status Update: Nervous and lonely
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 06:57:42 AM »
I guess that being stuck in my routine for the rest of my life is what I'm afraid of. Always doing the same things, never going out or trying anything new, because there's I have no reason to.

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
  • A/S/L : 29/F/ The shadowlands beyond Asshai
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 10:55:39 PM »
After reading an experience from someone here, my biggest fear has become loose touch with reality and become crazy, or do crazy stuff. Or maybe just become a bitter bitch. I am afraid I might have it in me.

Katrina

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »
^Wow, losing touch with reality and becoming crazy seems pretty scary too. Much scarier than dying alone, I mean dying alone...you're dying so even if you're grieving about the fact that you're alone...you can still be a little happy that soon you will die and all this will end.

I take back my fears of no one coming to my funeral and to my wedding. The funeral thing is seriously pointless, it makes me laugh now, I won't even be alive to be depressed over no one coming to my funeral..so really wtf? As for the wedding, I suppose the guy will know I'm a loner and have no guests to invite other that my family,my best friend and maybe a couple other acquaintances/semi-friends I chill with at the time. So yea I don't think I should care about not having any friends at my wedding and seeming like a loser or whatever, the fact that I would have found someone to get married to should probably make up for that.

I think my biggest fear is growing old alone and never having a family of my own + not being able to have a decent career and being poor, so yea basically being someone who is considered an epic failure in today's society. Like Noether mentioned in her first post on this thread, our parents will die, siblings will drift apart and soon we will be like 50 something and all alone. A lot of young single people lead very independent lives that mostly revolve around themselves and their friends, so being a loner at this age isn't nearly as bad as its going to be when we get old. That's when the focus of most people's lives is their own family. I think it will be very depressing to see a family with grown up kids in some place like a restaurant and me sitting there all by myself at the age of say around 52. My parents kind of foresee this so they tell me they'd like it if I settled down with someone before 30 because after that apparently you get kinda old and no one wants you anymore...lol, not my thoughts....just what people say.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2011, 01:29:20 AM »
After reading an experience from someone here, my biggest fear has become loose touch with reality and become crazy, or do crazy stuff. Or maybe just become a bitter bitch. I am afraid I might have it in me.

Me too.  Like becoming the weird cat lady, that everyone talks about because she does crazy stuff and lives like a hermit.   :rolleyes:
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2011, 04:29:54 AM »
I'm going to say that no one coming to my funeral does bother me. Not that I'd care at the time since I'd be dead, but mainly it bothers me for what it means. I want to have a positive effect on peoples lives, who will care if I die. If no one shows up then that didn't happen. :/

My biggest fears mainly are much like Katrina's. Growing old and never making anything of myself. Not having any meaningful long-term employment, or maybe ending up homeless. And growing old and not having a family to circle around you like everyone else. I may be a loner, but I'm not an extreme one. I want a few people like close family around me, and also probably a few close friends too.
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2011, 06:14:47 AM »
No ones wants to fade away in obscurity I guess. Like, they want to know that they've left a mark on the world before they leave it, smeared across the front of a bus. Or bitten by a frothing chimp at a safari park. Nasty. You could get around by having a big memorial, like a huge tombstone towering over the landscape. Have your name in big letters, face all carved into the living rock, like those dead kings on the mountain in America. No-one gonna forget who Groucho, Zippo, Harpo and Chico are
Good to have a few faces around though innit? I got a few folks that I drop in on from time to time. Can't do it all the time though, they do my nut in a little bit

Faaip De Oiad

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:50 AM »
there's a song I listen to, it's a bit sad, I'm going to post it at the end of this reply.
every time I listen to this song, I get thinking about my "biggest fear about being a loner"

anyway, my biggest fear about being a loner is
firstly; the possibility of dying alone
and secondly; imagining what my funeral will be like.
the only person I can think of who will be there is my niece because I don't have any friends or anything IRL.
I know, it could be worse and it's pretty lame but this is what gets my nerves going.
it makes me sad :uuu:

...and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

kenny1984

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »
That I won't experience everything that life has to offer.

Seraphic Sweetie

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 04:54:06 AM »
Being alone for the rest of your life.

Katrina

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 05:12:27 AM »
I'm going to say that no one coming to my funeral does bother me. Not that I'd care at the time since I'd be dead, but mainly it bothers me for what it means. I want to have a positive effect on peoples lives, who will care if I die. If no one shows up then that didn't happen. :/

Yea, its not really the humiliation of no one showing up but more the meaning of it! :-( I think having a positive effect on people's live is definitely important, even if its just raising your own kids. Not participating in this whole circle of life thing and just dying single and childless is rather depressing.

My dad has a bachelor friend whom he has known since his school days, the guy is like 52 right now, he inherited a lot of money from his family so basically he hasn't ever really had to work in life. Studied humanities at college for fun and then just chilled during his youth and never settled with any of the girls he dated. He pretends to be happy in front of everyone but my dad told us that he confided in some friends one day and said that he sort of regrets not having a family at this point, plus he really won't marry someone now since he is afraid of gold diggers and all (lol). He lives in a huge house all by himself which looks haunted and uncared for...my dad says its a depressing place to visit since its so empty and not maintained like it would be if more people lived there. The thing is this guy was not even a loner...and even he ended up like that. Well, at least he has money and in some ways..a pretty good life, all he does is travel and rest...hahaa. Ok ,there's my little story of what its like to be a single old (but rich) guy.

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2011, 02:26:49 PM »
Yea, its not really the humiliation of no one showing up but more the meaning of it!

This doesn't only apply to the long term and to funerals. I usually don't care about people or what they think of me, but when I was younger and actually had a little group of people that couldn't be called friends but with whom I used to hang out often, I tried to do a little celebration for my birthday, and it was so depressing to see that just 2 or 3 people would come. It's not the fact that they wouldn't come or decline my invitation, the problem is that it means that I was nothing to them, I didn't really touch them. And I usually wouldn't care about that either, but when it comes to those "crucial" moments in your life when those around you publicly testify how much they value you, the comparation with what others get makes it sting. Anyway, they say that you harvest what you have sown, so I don't really have any reason to complain. But sitl. It would be nice to be able to change that, to touch people and leave something good behind.

oldsoul86

• Drifter
  • 1000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To oldsoul86
  • A/S/L : 25/F/USA
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Don't conform. You'll never know who the hell you are.
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
Dying alone is the most popular answer when you ask most. That is definitely true for me, but even more so, I don't want to leave this earth without ever truly enjoying life the way I know I can. I also have a daughter and I don't want to fail her when it comes to dealing with people in the world because to tell you the truth, I don't have it down. I am socially awkward and what could I possibly teach my little girl? I want motherhood to be a success before I leave, but this loner thing has to get healthy before that can happen. I do want to be married as well. Never been. I am 25 and the last woman I was with (at the time girl) was when I was 15 and that is a long ass drought that I need to soak in water, badly. Haven't made love to a woman yet and that has depressed me for a long time. I can't even get my foot into the door of relationship. People and I just think differently and I don't understand people, especially in my generation. I'm alien to them.

ilovepitou

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 01:23:30 PM »
Soul, did you adopt your daughter?

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 01:45:57 AM »
I'm alien to them.

Some of us came to life into the wrong planet it would seem.

Fat Loser

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2011, 03:28:09 AM »
^^^
Yeah, I was the wrong time, a few too many centuries late. :tongue:
[

NihilNovi

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 1060 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To NihilNovi
  • A/S/L : 23/M/USA
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • Status Update: "Get rid of the judgement, get rid of the 'I am hurt', and you are rid of the hurt itself."
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2011, 03:59:03 AM »
^^^
Yeah, I was the wrong time, a few too many centuries late. :tongue:
This reminded me of Motorcycle Boy from that one SE Hinton novel.

Jotun117

• Banned Member
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jotun117
  • A/S/L : 26/M/USA
  • My loner philosophy : Hmm...
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2011, 05:11:20 AM »
Being used as currency in a prison cell.
Bend over so I can hide my drugs and my shank.

Nothing really... All my fears are completely unrelated to being a loner.
*Image Removed*

oldsoul86

• Drifter
  • 1000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To oldsoul86
  • A/S/L : 25/F/USA
  • My loner philosophy : Don't conform. You'll never know who the hell you are.
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
In response to ilovepitou's question, no I didn't. That's what confuses a lot of people when they meet me. You'll have to excuse me when I say that I don't like to discuss her conception. I'm not in a healthy place with that reality, but I'm trying. Hated the situation but loved the outcome:)

Fat Loser

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
^^^ ^^^ ^^^
I watched my daughter being born... it was the single most painful thing I have ever seen. And I'm a horror fan. But the result was awesome, I miss her, and love her always. Know this wasn't what you mean't by "You'll have to excuse me when I say that I don't like to discuss her conception. I'm not in a healthy place with that reality," but seeing the post reminded me of the experience.
[