imagelogin

Author Topic: Anyone ever worked on a cruise?  (Read 554 times)

lyingtolive

Anyone ever worked on a cruise?
« on: May 21, 2011, 04:42:28 PM »
Hey, Im new to the site.
Im content with doing things on my own, and can happily get by with life.
Whats been getting me down is spending time in the same place, same city, every day.
The idea of working on a cruise ship is quite appealing as you travel to loads of places, maybe make friends, and get paid.
There are drawbacks, Im sure, but has anyone ever done this work, and know what its really like?

Thanks for reading

NihilNovi

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 1060 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To NihilNovi
  • A/S/L : 23/M/USA
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • Status Update: "Get rid of the judgement, get rid of the 'I am hurt', and you are rid of the hurt itself."
Re: Anyone ever worked on a cruise?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
There are drawbacks, Im sure,
Having never worked on a cruise. The main drawback I see is is that you'd be constantly surrounded by happy couples going on their honeymoons and/or vacations. That'd really get to me. But if you actually prefer to be a loner, then I guess that's not much of a disadvantage.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 02:12:42 AM »
Reckon there'd be plenty of places to hide away on a massive boat like them. Just imagine you're sneaking your way into a new country.
I wouldn't mind working on a ship, but I can't swim. Figure that would eventually come back and bite me on the arse.
Where would you want to be cruising to?

lyingtolive

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 07:12:45 PM »
haha that would be an issue if it hit an iceberg!
I would be looking to work on a cruise, and from what I know you can be on board for a max of 6 months, travelling to many different countries, which sounds quite appealing as Iv never been on a cruise.
There are some things Im not sure about yet, like the fact that you share a cabin with a stranger, and a usual workday is around 15 hours. Suppose Id be rich at the end of it :cheesy:

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 12:30:37 AM »
yeah, not gonna be able to spend any money while you're floating in the middle of the ocean. 15 hour days though... still, it's kinda a lifestyle type thing more then a job, maybe. Could be worth it, even if it's just for the craic...