imagelogin

Author Topic: Any interesing, qualities, habits, etc. that any of you have?  (Read 1495 times)

Firo

As for me, I'm ambidextrous, so during class I have a habit of switching between my left and right hand when I'm taking notes... Sometimes people notice and say something or peak from the corner's of their eyes.

I don't know if this is very fast, but I can type regularly at 100 WPM.

Taiho

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 40000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Taiho
  • I return from the Void.
  • A/S/L : 26, Male, Tasmania
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I will carry the Banner till I can no more.
  • Status Update: Hold your head up high.
Re: Any interesing, qualities, habits, etc. that any of you have?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:56:59 AM »
I look up, so I usually don't get surprised. I also notice people's shoes for some reason. Other than that, I feel like I can see through the threads of society and make mental notes of people's behavior and who I should and shouldn't approach.
Oh, also when I'm alone I tend to vocalize every thought I have, it helps me think alot.
Sailing through the Sea of Stars.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 08:36:41 AM »
I used to think I could talk to animals.  I still kind of do lol.
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
^^ Maybe you can. :) I think there are some people out there who really can; maybe not "talk" per se, but communicate though body language and stuff.

I'm pretty sure I'm an empath. I think I always have been, but the older I get the stronger it becomes.
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 11:29:34 AM »
Okay Prometheus, for ignorant people like myself, what is an empath?  Like super empathy skills?
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
If Firo does that beside me in the class or lecture, I would certainly ask, "wow you could write with both hands?"

I don't know how and why, I seem to notice people's body language more and make mental note of their facial expression and gestures.Same like Skyrunner.
Too bad, got some short fuse in memory and tend to forget acquaintances names.

Prometheus and Voxtrot are empaths?

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:10:00 AM »
Okay Prometheus, for ignorant people like myself, what is an empath?  Like super empathy skills?

It's someone who can pick up on other peoples emotions. Yeah, like superempathy skills, but a little more. I can tell what people are feeling just by looking at them, or if what they're saying is not really what they're thinking. I think it's just picking up on really subtle body movements/language, but I don't see those, only see the emotions.  Well, most of the time it seems to work anyways. :)
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »
@Prometheus  Well thanks for explaining it to me.  Afterwards I felt lazy and demanding, just asking you to tell me that, so I googled it lol.  I am now quite an expert on empaths!

I wonder, whether your being an empath in part contributes to your being a loner.  Because empaths are much more highly sensitive to being around other people, that is why you need more alone time?  Because it is tiring stuff, lol.

Well, just a thought.

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »
I thought about mentioning something along those lines. But to answer your question: yes, absolutely. It's all very tiring, especially when you see through what people are saying and how shallow or full of crap most people are. Doesn't make them bad people by any means, but it just gets real old real fast. And when you can see that someone who is chatty with you is only trying to be nice to you but are really thinking "this guy is strange/aloof/annoying/prick/etc"

That never happens on the internet, though. I think it's the body language that gives it all away, but there isn't any of that on these forums which may be why I like them so much. :)

Voxtrot, why do you think you can talk to animals?

juliana

• LC Regular
  • 10 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To juliana
  • A/S/L : 26/F/INDONESIA
  • Loner Personality: ISTP (The Mechanic)
  • My loner philosophy : Language has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.
  • Status Update: A negative mind will never give you a positive life ;)
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 02:14:00 PM »
As for me, I'm ambidextrous, so during class I have a habit of switching between my left and right hand when I'm taking notes... Sometimes people notice and say something or peak from the corner's of their eyes.

Cool. i have no such things. LOL

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 04:57:30 PM »
Why do I think I can talk to animals..... Hmmmmmm, well that is a difficult question to answer!  But nevertheless, I shall do my best to answer.  It won't make perfect sense, though lol.

Mainly from when I was a child and had some bizarre experiences.  I choose to trust these experiences and never question or doubt them - that is how I try to live my life in all ways!

1.  When I was very small, I would crawl right down through our garden and sit by the fence in this stand of trees.  Our neighbour had goats and I can still remember getting messages from them telepathically.  I know it sounds bizarre... But they frightened me a lot and to this very day I am still kind of phobic about goats.

2.  When I was older, like 10-15, I would walk all over my grandparent's farm with my dogs.  I had one really special dog, Jack.  And when I sat quietly, like on a hill, and watched the sunset, I was absolutely sure that I could understand messages from him.

3.  I had a special cat who I grew up alongside.  I always felt like she was my spirit guide as a child, because she would look in my eyes and I would get some kind of weird feeling.  When she died, even though I was 23, I felt like I was abandoned.  It actually upset me for a really long time.

4.  I just really like animals!!

So now everybody can call me a weirdo, lol.  But sorry for the long post, I got a bit carried away there, didn't I?!  Just don't call me a furry, lololol....

Soliloquist

• LC Regular
  • 37460 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Soliloquist
  • Borderline ISFP & ISTP
  • A/S/L : Secret/Secret/Secret !
  • I am : Happy Loner
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : Nobody's perfect for a company except myself :)
  • Status Update: MeeaaaAAaoOOoWoWoWoWo
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »
My interesting habit is.. when im going to sleep i like to shovel one arm under EVERYTHING next to me (the heavier the better),.. at least must be under a pillow. Dont know why, it just feels so good. So far the victims're only my sister, my mom, & my camping partners back then (they shouldve given me a special tent for myself!), but never my cats they always sleep near my legs.

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 11:23:55 PM »

Cool. I'm also ambidextrous. Mostly wrote/drew with my left hand through grade school because I thought it was cool to be different. Then sometime in high school I had to write in these spiral bound notebooks that were a pain in the butt to do left-handed, so I started using my right hand. I could always use both, though. And for kicks sometimes I'll write with both at the same time to show off. :)

I have a unique typing thing, don't know if you'd call it a talent or not but it's different. I can type ~70 WPM on two different keyboard layouts: QWERTY and Colemak. I designed my own too and I'd like to teach it to myself soon, but it's time consuming hard-work learning new key layouts.

Being a loner gives me a lot of time to do useless things like that. But I wouldn't have it any other way.  :cheesy:

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 11:31:37 PM »

So now everybody can call me a weirdo, lol.  But sorry for the long post, I got a bit carried away there, didn't I?!  Just don't call me a furry, lololol....

LOL. :)

I would call it very unusual, but not weird necessarily. I've seen a few weird things in my day. So animals can talk to you? Have you ever tried talking back to the animals? Or wearing tin foil to see if it blocks out the messages? ( LOL couldn't resist, sorry)

Firo

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 12:22:31 AM »
Ha, Nice Prometheus, when i'm writing in a sprial notebook, I always switch when the spiral touches my wrist lol.

Also Vox, thats an interesting quality you have too!

I'm also terrible at remembering names, I always here that if you introduce yourself to a person with your first and last name, the chance of remembering your name is better.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 07:23:05 AM »
Okay, I can see I am never going to live this one down.  I only wish I could have actual, proper telepathic conversations with animals.  That would be so cool.  But all the same, I still think I can communicate with them in a unique way!

And to answer your question, Prometheus, yes, I do talk to my animals on a daily basis!  But unfortunately only in incoherent 'human'.  I think they get the general message though, lol.  And next time I get a headache, I am going to try out that tinfoil idea.... Isn't that what people do to repel aliens!?!?!  Who knows, if there's ever an alien attack I might be one of the few survivors.

But I do really believe that some people are able to sense things that others can't.  Prometheus is an empath, and I think I read somewhere Soliloquist said she can see/feel ghosts.  So it's all the same thing!  It is just having lowered barrier's of understanding... or something like that lol.

Pretty awesome!  :smiley:

Maybe not as awesome as being ambi-dextrous though, Firo.  Or designing your own keyboard.  I wonder how you even do that??  Sounds complicated.

Fat Loser

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:40 AM »
Its an old thread, meh so anyway one of my qualities is that I remember almost everything, keys and wallet excluded, but I can tell you almost word for word  an argument that happened two years ago and what started it, which starts another one  :icon_sueno:
Earliest memory is my father at 2 years old, confirmed by my late mother, throwing me up against a wall... nice  :huh:
 In 1988 on a bus home from school I remember the number of a girl that shouted her phone number out to her friend whilst I was being picked on. 677606... it haunts me still  :cry:
And that's just an enth of the shit crammed in my head, the net's like totally insane just keeps filling my head..
As for you Vox I know people who have a similar talent, they seem to know what's going on in an animal's head. I envy the ability.
[

eye_hate_society

• LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To eye_hate_society
  • A/S/L : 669/Male/USA
  • I am : Anti-Social Loner
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : I am what society made me............
  • Status Update: Hi Powder Puffers....Meow
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 10:09:32 AM »
Well I see someone else is ambi-dextrous too. The main thing I do left handed is writing. Most everything else is right handed. My sister is strictly left handed. Also she and I are born on the same day (jan16th) but exactly 1 year apart, with her being the oldest. Thank you..
“I have X'd myself from your world.”
Charles Manson

Mystic Cow

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 2012 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Mystic Cow
  • A/S/L : 25,M, USA
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Look alive
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 05:10:44 AM »
That's funny. I'm also ambidextrous, although I only developed my left-hand writing last semester. I was actually a leftie, but apparently my mom made me switch hands when I was coloring when I was young.  I have a weird way of writing with my right hand. All of my fingers grasp the pencil, while the thumb is in "hitch hiker" position.

I can remember numbers pretty well. My group that I did a project on AfroReggae that it was interesting that I could remember a single date off the top of my head (without forced memorization). Another example, I can remember my modem's password, an 8-digit/letter combination.

I also have uncanny hearing (or maybe just keen perception of what I think people are talking about). One time at high school, this guy at my lunch table was making fun at me discretely, and when he turned to look at me, he was surprised to see that I knew he was talking about me.

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 05:50:17 AM »
When I was first learning math in grade school, like addition, subtraction, multiplication and all that, I would see the answers form from the numbers in the problem. Like they would morph into each other for the answer. It's weird; not like I was hallucinating, but they would do that in my mind. :huh: That's still how I remember multiplication tables and addition and stuff. I still see those things (more like I can remember seeing them), but it never happens for any of the more advanced stuff.