login

Author Topic: Places you have visited  (Read 1299 times)

Soliloquist

• LC Regular
  • 37460 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Soliloquist
  • Borderline ISFP & ISTP
  • A/S/L : Secret/Secret/Secret !
  • I am : Happy Loner
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : Nobody's perfect for a company except myself :)
  • Status Update: MeeaaaAAaoOOoWoWoWoWo
Re: Places you have visited
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
borneo & sumatera, and traveled to bali, papua, and all around java
mannn i shouldve combined them together, they're in the same country XD

lonesomebadger

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To lonesomebadger
  • Solitude is a kind of freedom---Umberto Eco
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • My loner philosophy : i happen to be crazy, not stupid
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2013, 03:30:31 AM »
Canada. Lived in Sicily and Scotland. Been to France, Britain, Wales and a frequent visitor to Ireland.

emussel

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2013, 08:12:30 AM »
I didn't know this thread existed...let's see. I've been to England, France briefly, the US Virgin Islands, Canada multiple times (PEI, Montreal etc.), all US states on the east coast, drove to Illinois once and flew to Arizona. Oh and Colorado too. I'd like to travel again sometime but I hate airport security...makes me nervous, that and I'd probably have to trim my beard as to not look like a terrorist.

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »
Haha. Yeah that's true. Beard in airport is risky, draws unwanted attention from the security.  :icon_vader:

Elthron

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 30 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Elthron
  • Not all those who wander are lost...
  • A/S/L : 21/m/England
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : There is is beauty in darkness and silence.
  • Status Update: A brief but bright return...
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 12:34:59 AM »
Italy, Turkey, China, France and Iceland off the top of my head. Never been anywhere in the US. I'd quite like going to Japan at some point; not sure why, just sounds like an interesting sort of place...
Far out in the uncharted back-waters of space - at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy - lies a small, unregarded yellow sun...

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 05:35:21 AM »
I'm saving up for Japan next year... Or sooner. Probably backpacking alone, or with my sister if she's not busy.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

Nihil

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Nihil
  • Just a nobody.
  • A/S/L : 22yr old Dude from Belgium
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : People suck
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 11:42:24 PM »
The Netherlands, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
  • A/S/L : 29/F/ The shadowlands beyond Asshai
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 03:46:46 AM »
Belgium, Portugal, France, UK, Netherlands, Andorra, Canada.

Faaip De Oiad

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 09:59:43 AM »
The Netherlands, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Italy
Belgium, Portugal, France, UK, Netherlands, Andorra, Canada.

How did you guys like Portugal? Both of my parents were born there so it's always been a part of who I am...

Post Merge: May 25, 2013, 10:03:32 AM
and if you've been to Canada let me know how you liked it, thanks!
...and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 02:54:39 PM »
I've been only once to Lisbon and a couple times just across the border (my friend is from a town in Extremadura and I've been to a maket near the border with her). Lisbon is very pretty, and it looks very laid back, I liked it. For me not much of a cultural shock (not much different from my continental fellow countrymen).

In Canada, i've been to Québec, very cold, very pretty, very quiet...I liked it. I found it very funny (and unpractical), that they display the prices in shops without taxes, why do they do that?.

Faaip De Oiad

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 06:43:45 PM »
I understand what you mean... in North America, the sales tax is different from province to province, (state to state) as opposed to Europe where it's the same within each individual country. I'm not entirely sure why we don't include the tax on the price tag... maybe it's just one of those things like Canadians can buy milk in bags and Americans can't, it's regional. But I digress, I mean when I go out to buy whatever wherever, I look at the price and I just know that there's tax on top of that, I don't know what the total amount of the tax is gunna be off the top of my head but I know it's gunna cost a little more than what the sticker says, I guess we're just used to it here, but you can call it false advertising if you want, sorry :embarrassed:

emussel

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 07:09:38 PM »
^My state has no sales tax so I don't have to deal with that at all. Unless I go out of state where everything seems so damn expensive.

^Wait, you can buy milk in BAGS in Canada? Whaaaat???

Faaip De Oiad

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 11:19:39 AM »

...life changing isn't it?

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2013, 06:48:17 PM »
That I also found amusing, never seen milk in bags, before  :azn:

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
Milk could be bought in bags here too, they are usually stored it in a steel container. Not cow milk though, buffalo's.
The steel container has some sort of heating system but we have to reboil the milk at home, just to be sure. /idea

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 05:57:41 AM »
My milk comes from a bottle on my housemate's shelf in the fridge

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2013, 09:05:08 AM »
Most recent travels are Saudi Arabia, Hongkong, and Macau, I went there last year and 2 years ago. I miss SA and Macau as soon as I came back home.. I don't miss Hongkong at all. Me and my family decided where to next year we'll travel, and next year insyaallah we'll travel to europe (landed in amsterdam, and then travel to germany, italy, france, and then return to nederland since my sister and parents tickets to jakarta will be cheap from amsterdam), since me and my sis can save more money next year expense will be on us both. My parents will only pay 25% of ticket price (only to her airline company's flight destinations of course) cos my sis is now stewardess.

After Europe, we want to visit turkey and japan after we've saved money. After turkey and japan maybe new zealand.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

rayayala17

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To rayayala17
  • A/S/L : 25/M/WA
  • I am : Lonely Loner
  • My loner philosophy : There's no such thing as a real friend; sooner or later they'll turn their backs on you.
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 09:41:55 AM »
I used to spend Sundays in Tijuana when I was a kid. My family and I lived in the Los Angeles County so it was like only a two hour drive to and from. I've also been to Seattle a few times. It's so beautiful there, but there's a lot of WASPs overdressed for the occasion lol

emussel

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »
^White Anglo-Saxon Protestant...

Does the fact that I'm not a Christian make me not a WASP? As how can one be a protestant if one is not a Christian? Though I was raised a protestant in a relatively affluent family and was told early on that some called people like us WASPs. I guess I'm just WAS now...

rayayala17

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • My loner philosophy : There's no such thing as a real friend; sooner or later they'll turn their backs on you.
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2013, 12:09:16 AM »
^White Anglo-Saxon Protestant...

Does the fact that I'm not a Christian make me not a WASP? As how can one be a protestant if one is not a Christian? Though I was raised a protestant in a relatively affluent family and was told early on that some called people like us WASPs. I guess I'm just WAS now...
Sorry if you're offended. I didn't think anyone would take it personally...

"The term WASP does not describe every Protestant of English background, but rather a small restricted group whose family wealth and elite connections allow them a degree of privilege held by few others." -Wikipedia

"The term is occasionally used by sociologists to include all Americans of North European ancestry. Social Problems In Global Perspective. Lanham, Maryland: University Press of America. 2004. p. 258."

emussel

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 01:05:43 AM »
I never said I was offended...wasn't offended at all.

Does my family wealth allow me a degree of privilege? Yes. But then I think that quote is referring to families who measure their wealth in tens of millions rather than millions. Not that I haven't rubbed shoulders (and more) with the offspring of the wealthy elite and found few differences between myself and them other than my families modest way of life. I found that few of them could be considered WASPS, a lot of them being either Jewish, Greek or Catholic, and that my brother the professor is twice the snob, though unintentionally so, that they were.

rayayala17

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 02:25:20 AM »
I never said I was offended...wasn't offended at all.

Does my family wealth allow me a degree of privilege? Yes. But then I think that quote is referring to families who measure their wealth in tens of millions rather than millions. Not that I haven't rubbed shoulders (and more) with the offspring of the wealthy elite and found few differences between myself and them other than my families modest way of life. I found that few of them could be considered WASPS, a lot of them being either Jewish, Greek or Catholic, and that my brother the professor is twice the snob, though unintentionally so, that they were.
I have ADHD so I have a bad tenency to say or do things without thinking in advance. Just letting you know.

emussel

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 03:34:33 AM »
I have ADHD so I have a bad tenency to say or do things without thinking in advance. Just letting you know.

ADD here...was diagnosed when I was 7 and given a prescription for "amphetamine salts" so I was basically on speed every day for seven years as a kid lol. Recovered schizophrenic as well, haven't had symptoms of that in over two years though, I'm also an anxious, neurotic person as well as a recovering alcoholic...you should read some of my posts here during the end of my drinking days lol. I've calmed down a lot but still have my moments here....

Anyway...we've gotten pretty well off topic here so lets get back to places we've visited...

rayayala17

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 03:38:25 AM »
ADD here...was diagnosed when I was 7 and given a prescription for "amphetamine salts" so I was basically on speed every day for seven years as a kid lol. Recovered schizophrenic as well, haven't had symptoms of that in over two years though, I'm also an anxious, neurotic person as well as a recovering alcoholic...you should read some of my posts here during the end of my drinking days lol. I've calmed down a lot but still have my moments here....

Anyway...we've gotten pretty well off topic here so lets get back to places we've visited...
LOL Okay  /joget

tigerforever

« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2017, 03:35:34 PM »
i am a gypsie traveller hippie since 1970..been around a bit..maybe 58 countries..I lost track
i did the hippie trail overland twice between 1970 to 1976..been married for 31 years but lost my wife in 2008 due to heart failure..right now I am in a relationship with a beautiful woman from Washington D.C..
we both are loners and hedonists...

pic of me in Kualu Lumpur tasting that fruit called durian..

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/923/E8iTmA.jpg