Author Topic: What do you do for a living? (if your in college or HS, what do you aspire to do  (Read 3975 times)

Saturncomesbackaround

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Saturncomesbackaround
  • A/S/L : 23/M/UK East and Beijing, China
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • My loner philosophy : Boredom is the price of being a fish; loneliness that of bring a shark.
I graduates from a prestigious UK university with a degree in Chinese and Religions. I've learned Tibetan and am teaching myself Icelandic, which is a country I'd like to retire to.

I think of myself as a thinker, an academic, but I express myself through visual media: art. That's what I say when people ask me what I do. I'm lucky enough to be able to sell some art and to have some language skills to be able to teach on the side.

moosh

• Drifter
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To moosh
  • I am : Eccentric Loner
  • My loner philosophy : only let in those who don't force themselves in
  • Status Update: i need to wee.
to the gutter installerer......no gutters would mean water everywhere, water getting into buildings, ruining electrics, potentially causing damage to things and people if they get electrocuted. ALL jobs are 'life-saving' if you follow the thought trail.

i've said elsewhere that i invest in the stock market. i used to be a pharmacist.

alchemist_j

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To alchemist_j
  • A/S/L : 20/F/Here and There
  • I am : Lonely Loner
  • My loner philosophy : one day...you will be a part of something big
OMG MOOSH!! You used to be a pharmacist? I'm a pharmacy student at the moment!! But job prospects in Australia are shite, although we study so much!!! That's why I'm studying for GAMSAT at the moment to get into postgrad med. I dream of being a paediatrician. =]

How come you changed occupations moosh?

Taas89

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Taas89
  • A/S/L : 21/F/IL
  • I am : Artsy Loner
  • My loner philosophy : I have more important things to do than socialize.
At the moment, I'm in my 3rd year at university.  I'm aspiring to do something with photography.  While I would like to do something with art photography, there's no way I'd be able to make a living off of it (at least not now), so I will have to do something like commercial or press photography while doing art photography on the side in order to pay the bills and loans.  I may utilize my minors and do something with those, as I can't really picture myself with one job for the rest of my life.  I'd also like to write a book or two.

rare45

i got a small business, making just enough for me to get by. also i do some online jobs.

uglygirl

i tutor children for now, while trying to get my teaching career started. i feel like im a year behind what im supposed to be doing. its ok though.

my father helps me with money too, i am very lucky and i appreciate it. a lot of people don't have help and i am fortunate for that. i am not rich or anything, but i'm glad someone helps me.

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
I'm a senior studying physics and math.

Right now I work in the physics department with ultrafast (femtosecond) lasers. We use the lasers to study magnetic properties of very thin metallic films, like what you might find in hard drives in 5-10 years. :)

I'd like to continue in physics, but we'll see how that works out.
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
I'm a senior studying physics and math.

Right now I work in the physics department with ultrafast (femtosecond) lasers. We use the lasers to study magnetic properties of very thin metallic films, like what you might find in hard drives in 5-10 years. :)

I'd like to continue in physics, but we'll see how that works out.

wow, its like lasers will be in hdd soon?..and you can drop it without losing the data?

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
I'm dole scum, at the minute. Was selling Christmas cards over... Christmas, but that mysteriously dried up in January.
Before that I was a maitanence supervisor (basically a glorified office cleaner), worked in a hospital newsagents, spent a year in the back of Dominos making pizza, Southern Electric call centre, been a debt collector, a car park attendant, a health food advisor, a milkman (lasted one night!), cinema usher, tried selling windows door to door, worked in Boots warehouse packing tampons and nappies onto trucks, stuff like KFC and Burger King...
Never had a plan, career-wise. Dropped out of college (well, second time around I gots thrown out) and just started working at whatever came my way.

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
Well, I had to leave college again, so I'm not working in the lab any more. :(

I'm working on some ideas for a blog, and also teaching myself Java so I can do some Android development. I'd also do iPhone and iPad stuff too, but that requires a Mac which I don't have. But I'm currently unemployed.

I'll hopefully finish with my degree at the end of the summer. Then who knows what. Maybe my blog/app development will take off and I'll make millions! heheh, probably not, but all I'm hoping for is something to keep me fed, a roof over my head, and some money for hobbies.
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
I am actually working for my parents right now.  They have a couple of businesses so I run about from here and there doing loads of different stuff most days of the week.

Yeah most people would hate to work for their parents but I get on superbly well with my parents lol and I have always worked in their business since I was a kid and so it just comes kind of natural.  Plus anyone who has been involved in a family business would know what I am talking about.

I do have an undergrad degree in history and psychology and have been accepted into postgrad studies if I wanted to because I worked reeeeally hard at university and pretty much got straight A's at the expense of a social life lol.  But since spending the last few years studying I am just kind of tired of doing that.

So right now I am just enjoying doing regular work.  I do manual work too and I actually really enjoy doing that because it is just straight forward and productive.  Maybe one day I will do postgrad psych. but to be honest I just don't think I would have the emotional strength to deal with screwed up people all the time.  And history though I love it really takes you nowhere.

Plus the recession bites.  Yep!
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

The_Lightbringer

• LC Regular
  • 14626 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To The_Lightbringer
  • A/S/L : AGE: Unknown , SEX: Male , LOCATION:Somewhere in Time
  • I am : Lonely Loner
  • My loner philosophy : There is nothing more easiest than complicating your life !
  • Status Update: I AM GORGEOUS !
PROGRAMING

-Auron are you crying too ?
-No ....i am just........fading away.......

Fuck The System

• Drifter
  • 116 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Fuck The System
  • life is what you make of it
  • A/S/L : 18/M/CA
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • My loner philosophy : some people are just meant to be alone forever,aka me.
  • Status Update: Eh        Eh       Eh       Eh        Eh        Eh       Eh      Eh
wouldn't call it a job, but i work at liquor store called hi-times... Currently going to school to learn how to grow dank weed.
did you know light bulbs actually do not even emit light? They suck up all the dark around them..Dark travels at a much more faster rate then light does.

FarmGiraffe

I work as an English tutor for Korean students. It's a dead end job and the bosses really torture the employees. Still, I kinda like it. I like how high the pay is and I like how good I am at the job currently.

My real passion is to become a writer. I actually wrote a manuscript, only to have it rejected by a publishing house. It was a set of short stories and poems. But my fiction blog got 200 profile views already :D And it's been viewed by around a dozen countries :D

juliana

• LC Regular
  • 10 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To juliana
  • A/S/L : 26/F/INDONESIA
  • Loner Personality: ISTP (The Mechanic)
  • My loner philosophy : Language has created the word "loneliness" to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word "solitude" to express the glory of being alone.
  • Status Update: A negative mind will never give you a positive life ;)
Umm, I'm 22 and I'm working as implementor/tester. It needs times to get my dream comes true to be a system analyst.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
I've started working nights in a hotel, on the front desk. After 2am, I'm pretty much left to my own devices there

randomamazingperson

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To randomamazingperson
  • A/S/L : 31/Female/California, USA
  • I am : Cool Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I can have fun on my own, create happiness without others, and still welcome company without needing it.
I work as a taxi driver. I'm waiting to change my job when an opportunity arises. I enjoy writing realistic fiction stories so maybe if I finish my other stories and publish them under a pseudonym, I can earn a little bit of money from the creations of one of my hobbies.
Long lasting happiness is created from within--accepting yourself as you are, not needing to change or do anything; loving, understanding, listening to, & being kind & compassionate to yourself; & knowing that you aren't damaged, defective, incomplete, lacking, or missing something, & you're normal.

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
i'd like to make a living off music, but that's difficult

Angel Embrace

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Angel Embrace
  • Love is my home
  • A/S/L : 22/F/In Dreams
  • I am : Sad Loner
  • My loner philosophy : Find who you are and what makes you happy on the inside. Be nice to others and respective of their own path.
I don't know what I want to be, I currently have no job, but I'm thinking of applying as a cashier sometime this year.

I wish I had a passion I can work towards.
It'd be great to have a job I love!
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." ~ Romans 12:2