login

Author Topic: bad night's sleep  (Read 459 times)

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
bad night's sleep
« on: July 22, 2019, 01:17:04 PM »
saturday night i hardly slept. i got about two hours at 4 in the morning, that was it! i don't have insomnia but i tend to overthink, it was really hot and by about 3 i was getting annoyed that i wasn't sleeping and then didn't sleep because i was thinking too much! anyone else get this? i got 6 hours last night and i'll catch up the rest tonight!

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
Re: bad night's sleep
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 07:09:05 AM »
I'll occasionally have a night where my thoughts are racing which prevents me from sleeping.  Something on the Internet can upset or agitate me, or one of my group discussions.
I have a long history of insomnia, paradoxically, along with bouts of daytime drowsiness and intermittent nap taking.  Years ago, there were nights I couldn't get to sleep at all, and I was getting up at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning.
I've kind of gotten it under control with my cocktail of sleep herbs and sedatives---melatonin, l-tryptophan, valerian and kratom, BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU TAKE THESE, KIPPER, because it could harm your growing brain.  Seriously.
I have various psychological devices I use to get to sleep.  One is imagining I'm in a small isolated town or city, in a house or hotel, in the midst of winter, or during a storm.  That for some reason seems to have a calming effect.  White noise, like that of a fan, I think helps me too.

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 09:31:26 PM »
I'll occasionally have a night where my thoughts are racing which prevents me from sleeping.  Something on the Internet can upset or agitate me, or one of my group discussions.
I have a long history of insomnia, paradoxically, along with bouts of daytime drowsiness and intermittent nap taking.  Years ago, there were nights I couldn't get to sleep at all, and I was getting up at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning.
I've kind of gotten it under control with my cocktail of sleep herbs and sedatives---melatonin, l-tryptophan, valerian and kratom, BUT I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU TAKE THESE, KIPPER, because it could harm your growing brain.  Seriously.
I have various psychological devices I use to get to sleep.  One is imagining I'm in a small isolated town or city, in a house or hotel, in the midst of winter, or during a storm.  That for some reason seems to have a calming effect.  White noise, like that of a fan, I think helps me too.

i've used kratom before but didn't get much out of it!

randomamazingperson

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To randomamazingperson
  • A/S/L : 31/Female/California, USA
  • I am : Cool Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I can have fun on my own, create happiness without others, and still welcome company without needing it.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 06:07:56 AM »
saturday night i hardly slept. i got about two hours at 4 in the morning, that was it! i don't have insomnia but i tend to overthink, it was really hot and by about 3 i was getting annoyed that i wasn't sleeping and then didn't sleep because i was thinking too much! anyone else get this? i got 6 hours last night and i'll catch up the rest tonight!

Happens to me from time to time and sometimes days in a row.
Long lasting happiness is created from within--accepting yourself as you are, not needing to change or do anything; loving, understanding, listening to, & being kind & compassionate to yourself; & knowing that you aren't damaged, defective, incomplete, lacking, or missing something, & you're normal.

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 11:51:28 AM »
I had sleeping problems too, usually i slept after 1AM, and woke up as early as 4 AM, now i dont, the key's to make your brain to relax, i can sleep before midnight (but still wake up early), playing videos or music that bring good memories help, also sleeping near a sleeping cat gets me to doze off quicker.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

Mystic Cow

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 2012 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Mystic Cow
  • A/S/L : 25,M, USA
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Look alive
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 11:42:28 PM »
I've been taking L-theanine supplements, which the amino acid comes from green tea and other teas. It works amazingly. Definitely recommend it.

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 10:47:00 PM »
Cant sleep now.. got scammed real bad
I <3 Loners-Club.com