imagelogin

Author Topic: worst year so far?  (Read 333 times)

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
worst year so far?
« on: June 06, 2019, 04:02:34 AM »
it's strange, this year has been, on the surface, great, i've been working, getting driving license soon, doing everything that would make me happy. but i'm not. i dwell so much on mistakes i made in the past, in particular at the start of the year. these worries, and thoughts hold me back from seeing beauty and enjoying myself purely. its all i think about, and i'm so stuck in my head i don't know what to do. needing help at the moment, really. its my birthday tomorrow, i'll be 18, and i feel so awful from the second i wake up. help please.

also, sorry i haven't been on here since it's been up again!

love you all xoxo

tumbleweed

Re: worst year so far?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 04:59:08 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, kipper. I've been wondering where you are and was about to ask. 

I hope it turns out to be a happy birthday for you.  Emotions can change in a moment.  With everything going so well, maybe yours will turn and stay that way for a long time. 

Lots of people will tell you to just let go of the past. It's over.  You have a tomorrow to work on and that's where to look and to put your attention and effort.  Maybe you've learned some things from the bad times that you can use.

It may not seem so easy but if you can do it, that may be your way out.

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 12:04:53 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that, kipper. I've been wondering where you are and was about to ask. 

I hope it turns out to be a happy birthday for you.  Emotions can change in a moment.  With everything going so well, maybe yours will turn and stay that way for a long time. 

Lots of people will tell you to just let go of the past. It's over.  You have a tomorrow to work on and that's where to look and to put your attention and effort.  Maybe you've learned some things from the bad times that you can use.

It may not seem so easy but if you can do it, that may be your way out.

thanks tumbleweed, time heals all i suppose! i'm willing to wait it out.

tumbleweed

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 12:30:42 AM »
thanks tumbleweed, time heals all i suppose! i'm willing to wait it out.

That's a good idea.  I've had some wretched times but now, at 64, I'm glad I'm still here.

Do you mind telling how your birthday went?  If you're done with this topic, I'm not going to get steamed if you don't say anything.  I've learned that this is mostly a very quiet forum.  So be it.  Bunch of dern loners.  :)

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 09:28:12 AM »
I wish I had some advice for you Kipper, but I don't want to poison your mind with my old cynicism and nihilism.

I think I've had dysthymia since I was 14, maybe younger, and even with all the "scientific" theories about it, it's still a mystery to me.  I don't quite know what to do about my own, or what others should do about theirs.

Many people advise therapy from a "licensed professional".  Some claim good results from that, others say it was a waste of time.

I've had highs and lows all my life, and inexplicable emotional let downs.

YouTube has a lot of depressed people closer to your age talking about their problems.  Maybe they'd be better to listen and talk to than somebody like me.  Maybe they'd be more relatable.

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 06:00:29 AM »

Do you mind telling how your birthday went?  If you're done with this topic, I'm not going to get steamed if you don't say anything.  I've learned that this is mostly a very quiet forum.  So be it.  Bunch of dern loners.  :)

thanks for asking :) it wasn't great, "birthday blues" runs in my family, and mixed with everything else, it created a but of sombre day. feeling a bit better this week though, i'm so glad i have my mum, she's been so amazing through all this!

Post Merge: June 11, 2019, 06:01:55 AM
I wish I had some advice for you Kipper, but I don't want to poison your mind with my old cynicism and nihilism.

I think I've had dysthymia since I was 14, maybe younger, and even with all the "scientific" theories about it, it's still a mystery to me.  I don't quite know what to do about my own, or what others should do about theirs.

Many people advise therapy from a "licensed professional".  Some claim good results from that, others say it was a waste of time.

I've had highs and lows all my life, and inexplicable emotional let downs.

YouTube has a lot of depressed people closer to your age talking about their problems.  Maybe they'd be better to listen and talk to than somebody like me.  Maybe they'd be more relatable.

thanks Jeremiah, i had a counsellor once, i didn't get much from it. i think the biggest thing is the feeling of hopelessness that floods me in waves. i remember i started feeling like this in March, it's going through phases, so at least some things are changing.

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 10:49:35 PM »
Youre a very lucky man, very young, live in a nice country, so young, wide opportunities in front of you, my life sucks right now, 2019 is worst year.
I <3 Loners-Club.com