Author Topic: Do you guys order takeout/delivery a lot?  (Read 331 times)

Mystic Cow

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 2012 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Mystic Cow
  • A/S/L : 25,M, USA
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Look alive
Do you guys order takeout/delivery a lot?
« on: March 06, 2018, 06:37:57 AM »
There are actually a lot of nice vegan places to choose from for delivery, and that are not really worth finding parking downtown for, so I order delivery occasionally. The downside is that I can make a pretty decent meal for about 5 dollars, so I'm basically throwing away money when I eat out. Chipotle is pretty affordable though at about $7.50, although there really isn't a convenient place nearby. There is one place, but it's too crowded, and the other place is about 15 minutes away. I try to mitigate delivery costs by ordering more food, which somewhat works.

There's also the issue that I tend to avoid eating when I don't have food, which I realize sounds really obvious, but it's a thing I do (instead of cooking or going out to buy food).

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
Re: Do you guys order takeout/delivery a lot?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 05:42:47 AM »
Well, i do whenever i have vouchers, i use an app called "GOJEK", it's like Uber but the drivers can also deliver package & shop for you, i use this often to send food to my customers & for that i get GOJEK points, these points can be traded with vouchers, including restaurant vouchers, which i use the most.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 07:31:33 AM »
I rarely order from restaurants these days, even takeout, because for some reason, I just don't seem to enjoy it as much as I used to.  I used be quite a foodie, but much less so these days.  But once in a while I'll get a yen for it and go ahead.  I don't pay for delivery, I just drive or walk down.

More and more, I've gotten self-conscious about actually eating in restaurants.  I used to do this and enjoyed it.  But now I've sort of developed this social-anxiety, body-dysmorphia thing.

I'm always thinking of trying out some new vegan thing at a restaurant, but I usually procrastinate on it.  Somehow I can't quite summon the energy or enthusiasm.

keong88

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To keong88
  • A/S/L : 18/Male/Australia
  • I am : IT Loner
  • Loner Personality: ISTP (The Mechanic)
  • My loner philosophy : Don't draw attention to oneself if one does not wish the attention.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:21:31 AM »
I order it whenever nobody is home. So essentially all the time. I'd rather not talk to people in the store or on the phone so I generally use UberEats or Online Pizza ordering.

jayjay

• Lurking Crowd
  • 100000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jayjay
  • Waiting patiently for society to end
  • A/S/L : 29/M/South Carolina
  • I am : Shy & Quiet Loner
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • My loner philosophy : If i feel like everyone thinks I'm weird, then boy am i going to be weird.
  • Status Update: Trying to keep it together
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 06:42:32 AM »
Ill usually order pizza every once and a while when I have too much anxiety about going to the grocery store or if I have a good day and want to treat myself. My finances always hate me afterwards though, I think I could've bought 20 packs of ramen with that money! :rolleyes:
The worlds not real anyway, so what am i trying to fit into.

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »
Do you guys order takeout/delivery a lot?

Sushi 🍣

Italian 🍝

Sushi 🍣

Chinese 🥡

Sushi 🍣

And . . .

SUSHI. 🍣

I've been looking at what UberEats is offering but, so far, no joy. I'd like to be able to get proper fish & chips. Same story there though, although I did nail down a potential source.

Post Merge: July 04, 2018, 08:56:36 PM
Ill usually order pizza every once and a while when I have too much anxiety about going to the grocery store or if I have a good day and want to treat myself. My finances always hate me afterwards though, I think I could've bought 20 packs of ramen with that money! :rolleyes:

Don't order from PeaPod. They want your gold crowns and your grandmother's wedding ring.

I'm a spreadsheet freak. One worksheet I have is grocery prices for the six stores I shop at plus PeaPod. On principle, Wal-Mart is not on the list, although I'm compelled to get a couple of things there that I can't get anywhere else.

The short of it is the big box stores are, normally, the cheapest,  Wally World appears to be the cheapest. K-Mart whipped their asses on price before they went out of business. I really miss "The K" for real reasonable office supplies.

I only order from PeaPod when I need a huge haul of stuff, especially things that are heavy like laundry soap, or when my reclusive nature keeps me from crossing the threshold into public life.