Author Topic: "Missing 411" - David Paulides Books & Upcoming Film  (Read 73 times)

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
"Missing 411" - David Paulides Books & Upcoming Film
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
David Paulides is a former police officer who, in recent years, has been investigating the huge number of disappearances of people in North America's wilderness areas with a special emphasis on national parks in the US. These disappearances occur under extremely bizarre circumstances.

The first book of his that I heard of is MISSING 411: WESTERN UNITED STATES AND CANADA. There are a number of other books in the series that discuss further cases in other areas.

His books are very expensive because, apparently, they're out of print, so the best place to look for them is at your local library. Unfortunately, in my local library system, there is not one copy to be had. I checked Kindle, but came up empty there as well.

Today I learned that Paulides is working on a documentary based on the cases in his books. The following are preview clips. The tentative release date is Spring 2017, which is dependent upon funding. The film is partially in the can, but there is a Kickstarter campaign, which Paulides is hoping will help pay for additional footage.

"Missing 411" 1

"Missing 411" 2

"Missing 411" 3

"Missing 411" 4

There is also a YouTube channel called the Canam Missing Project, which has a number of videos on specific cases.

Post Merge: December 16, 2016, 10:17:11 AM
I ran across the following video while looking for something else. It's two hours long and is a lecture regarding the "Missing 411" material. I haven't watched it, so I don't know whether it's worth the time. I've bookmarked it for later, but thought other members with the time might like to watch it.

I did notice there is a picture of his softcover books, so I ran a search and found a website through which his books can be purchased - http://www.canammissing.com/page/page/8396197.htm

"Missing 411" - David Paulides

Post Merge: December 16, 2016, 12:39:23 PM
Okay, couldn't wait, so I watched the video and it is definitely worth 2'10" of your time if you like unsolved mysteries.