login

Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 280 times)

keong88

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To keong88
  • A/S/L : 18/Male/Australia
  • I am : IT Loner
  • Loner Personality: ISTP (The Mechanic)
  • My loner philosophy : Don't draw attention to oneself if one does not wish the attention.
My Introduction
« on: June 30, 2016, 07:27:13 PM »
I am a High School student in my final year, and I am a loner that didn't realize until recently.

I would always just go to school, take notice of material to learn, do the tests, and go home.
I never interacted with anyone at school, I just assumed that it was to be a natural thing. I hoped that I would bump into
someone willing to be my friend. I guess that never happened, and now with my finals approaching I have extreme doubts that it will ever happen. I don't dislike my life, but I do think I could feel happier with someone, doesn't have to be intimate, just someone to socialize in my life. One friend is enough to suffice. But alas, no one in my life even acknowledges my presence with the exception of my Family.

I just hoped that I could find friends in any way possible, this is kind of a last resort thing for me, and I really do feel lonely. I Just hope that I can meet anyone that might be interested in talking to me as a friend.

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 11:30:05 PM »
Welcome koeng88.  Many of us have very similar stories.  I've been trying to find friends after decades of not having a single one with little success.  Tomorrow I'm going to have coffee with a fellow philosophy/idea/thinking enthusiast.  (A fellow "dweeb", I guess you might say.) I responded to his ad on Craigslist.  Maybe it'll be the start of a good friendship.

I read 1984 when I was 19, in high school.  I re-read my favorite parts over the years.  I could almost quote it chapter and verse.   I'm a big dystopia fan, in film and fiction.  Have you read Brave New World?  Very powerful.  You might want to watch THX-1138.  I recommend the original 1971 version, not the "updated" one. 

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 11:59:25 PM »
. . . Tomorrow I'm going to have coffee with a fellow philosophy/idea/thinking enthusiast.  (A fellow "dweeb", I guess you might say.) I responded to his ad on Craigslist.  Maybe it'll be the start of a good friendship . . .
Jesus, be careful. Everyone's heard the stories about CraigsList.

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 08:12:05 AM »
Thanks for the concern Book, but it'll be at a busy downtown Starbucks at 10 a.m., so I don't have anything to worry about.  Hoping not to sound sexist,but I think the thing you're talking about mostly happens to women.

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 08:24:11 AM »
Thanks for the concern Book, but it'll be at a busy downtown Starbucks at 10 a.m., so I don't have anything to worry about.  Hoping not to sound sexist,but I think the thing you're talking about mostly happens to women.
These days you just never know.   :laugh: