login

Author Topic: Hello, internet!  (Read 399 times)

Orgar

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Orgar
  • I can't believe it's not sliced bread!
  • A/S/L : 19/M/Ohio
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : The quiet bird sneaks up on the worm, and then, you know, eats it.
  • Status Update: My mind is an empty cauldron waiting to be filled with bubbling brilliance.
Hello, internet!
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:39:55 AM »
Hi, I'm Orgar. Apparently, I'm so unused to communicating my thoughts like a normal person that I created three, like, full-fledged drafts of this post before I decided on this one...
yeah, I'm an odd one. But aren't we all?

Loners' Club, huh? At first, it seems counterintuitive, but I hope I'll like it here.
"Fatally powerful as religious systems have been, human nature is stronger and wider than religious systems, and though dogmas may hamper, they absolutely cannot repress its growth." -George Eliot

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
Re: Hello, internet!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
Hello, i like star trek too (star trek tng), it's better than star wars. Welcome, hopefully youll like it here.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:40:21 AM »
it's better than star wars.

I don't want to start a massive argument, but i prefer star wars, maybe because i have never seen star trek that much, or because i find the environments in star wars beautiful  /hippie

Orgar

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Orgar
  • I can't believe it's not sliced bread!
  • A/S/L : 19/M/Ohio
  • My loner philosophy : The quiet bird sneaks up on the worm, and then, you know, eats it.
  • Status Update: My mind is an empty cauldron waiting to be filled with bubbling brilliance.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:55:31 AM »
I find the elements of fantasy and softer science fictional elements in Star Wars help its more classical themes of good and evil as ultimately opposed. Star Trek is more of a harder and more morally complex universe, but it works well for addressing separate issues. (You can also look at their creators; Gene Roddenberry has explicitly stated that he was addressing any number of cultural issues when he created The Original Series, which created Star Trek in a certain manner vs. George Lucas, who had this grandiose idea of swords and sorcery in a very space age sort of world.)

Point being, let's not fight. Both are cool, for different reasons. /hug2
"Fatally powerful as religious systems have been, human nature is stronger and wider than religious systems, and though dogmas may hamper, they absolutely cannot repress its growth." -George Eliot

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 04:28:37 AM »
I find the elements of fantasy and softer science fictional elements in Star Wars help its more classical themes of good and evil as ultimately opposed. Star Trek is more of a harder and more morally complex universe, but it works well for addressing separate issues. (You can also look at their creators; Gene Roddenberry has explicitly stated that he was addressing any number of cultural issues when he created The Original Series, which created Star Trek in a certain manner vs. George Lucas, who had this grandiose idea of swords and sorcery in a very space age sort of world.)

Point being, let's not fight. Both are cool, for different reasons. /hug2

I see your point, i can agree that star trek is more scientific  /hippie

Fart

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:52:38 AM »
Pbbllllttt

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 04:26:06 AM »
Welcome Orgar.
I'm pretty much out of my science-fiction phase, but at one time, in my mid to late teens, I was a big classic Star Trek fan.  It was one of those rare series I was actually "in love" with.  I was very much an admirer of Spock.
Yes, I liked the social and psychological themes in Star Trek and still regard a number of the episodes as classics, works of art.  Return of the Archons, The Menagerie, The Savage Curtain, The Enemy Within, "Miri", Turnabout Intruder, And the Children Shall Lead...just to name a few. Just some absolutely fabulous performances, some very, very offbeat.
I don't know.  Maybe the culture's changed too much for younger people to get all the nuances, but to me, they just don't make TV like this anymore.