login

Author Topic: anyone else getting a little scared when getting into deep thought about death  (Read 258 times)

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
hi,

its midnight as i'm typing this (i'm in the uk), and i find myself thinking about what happens after death, you start to think, its a dreamless sleep, as Jerimiah said on a recent post, but then you suddenly realise, it will be for all eternity, and you get really scared to think you will be asleep for eternity. But, think about it, when we sleep, we wake up, and it doesn't feel like long since you slept, its hard to explain, but it feels like you woke up as soon as you fell asleep, i guess our brain does not know time when asleep, but, if asleep for eternity (dead), what will be see? we will never wake up, therefore, venturing into the unknown. Meh, maybe after death, we dream for eternity, how awesome would that be, living in a dream world, like that robin williams film (r.i.p) whats it called? i can't remember

should i dwell on what happens after death?

thanks for reading /hippie

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
What lies after death is intriguing, i see it as an adventure. I believe there's life after death, cos ive been always close with metaphysics stuff since i was a kid.

One thing for sure, the universe has its own neat system, if youre good then youll receive something good in the end. Death is not the end for me.
I <3 Loners-Club.com

Azure Potato

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 15000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Azure Potato
  • A/S/L : 25/Male/Estonia
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • My loner philosophy : Keep moving head held high!
  • Status Update: I'm such a fool...
Death is never the end.
We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot - Eleanor Roosevelt

Mystic Cow

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 2012 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Mystic Cow
  • A/S/L : 25,M, USA
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Look alive
On the contrary, death is a beginning. One could say that death is the end of life, but I believe there are natural and spiritual processes that transcend what we as people know as life. And these things never really have a functional end. I can only be so generic about the affair, because it is a mystery. What I believe comforts me and yet has no conflict with how we perceive reality. Besides, I think the real nightmare is to be forced to live eternally. At least there can be some level of honor in death, and even there I know there are people that will disagree with me. Because most people cling to material goals and beliefs, not many people can brandish the badge for living.

Raeign

Besides, I think the real nightmare is to be forced to live eternally. At least there can be some level of honor in death, and even there I know there are people that will disagree with me. Because most people cling to material goals and beliefs, not many people can brandish the badge for living.

Eternity is the most terrifying concept imaginable. But maybe our minds could be equipped for it. Who knows?
“Fear is the original sin"
― L.M. Montgomery, The Blue Castle

Mystic Cow

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 2012 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Mystic Cow
  • A/S/L : 25,M, USA
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Look alive
Eternity is the most terrifying concept imaginable. But maybe our minds could be equipped for it. Who knows?

Isn't that curious... Our bodies aren't equipped for this, but our minds could very well be.

Azure Potato

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 15000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Azure Potato
  • A/S/L : 25/Male/Estonia
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • My loner philosophy : Keep moving head held high!
  • Status Update: I'm such a fool...
Its an unimaginable mystery, something worth one's interest.
We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot - Eleanor Roosevelt

Raeign

so i've been thinking, perhaps the contemplation of death is good for humans.
I know of cancer survivors who suddenly have this drive to accomplish, and to be happy, and I think death puts things into perspective for them.
I've also seen people become despondent and listless because they think life is meaningless because of death.
These are two very different perspectives but either one of them will push you to find meaning in life, or else.

SO

should i dwell on what happens after death?

So yes, do it. I wish I started thinking about death more deeply at a younger age, I could have started maneuvering myself towards some sort of goal rather than living for the sake of it.  But better late than never I guess.

"Find what you love and let it kill you"
“Fear is the original sin"
― L.M. Montgomery, The Blue Castle

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • WISE Division
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
I know it's crazy, but I have this terrible fear of being buried alive.

I often think about waking up in the pitch dark of a coffin and not being able to breathe or move.

It's horrid.  :sad:
History . . . is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake.

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
I know it's crazy, but I have this terrible fear of being buried alive.

I often think about waking up in the pitch dark of a coffin and not being able to breathe or move.

It's horrid.  :sad:

scares me too!

Oblivion

"But, think about it, when we sleep, we wake up, and it doesn't feel like long since you slept, its hard to explain, but it feels like you woke up as soon as you fell asleep, i guess our brain does not know time when asleep, but, if asleep for eternity (dead), what will be see? we will never wake up, therefore, venturing into the unknown."

I see it basically as a 50/50 chance there is an afterlife or oblivion. As long as I don't end up boiling in a lake of fire for eternity I'm happy either way. The fact that we cannot know the future makes us remember the present and helps us forget the past.

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
"But, think about it, when we sleep, we wake up, and it doesn't feel like long since you slept, its hard to explain, but it feels like you woke up as soon as you fell asleep, i guess our brain does not know time when asleep, but, if asleep for eternity (dead), what will be see? we will never wake up, therefore, venturing into the unknown."

I see it basically as a 50/50 chance there is an afterlife or oblivion. As long as I don't end up boiling in a lake of fire for eternity I'm happy either way. The fact that we cannot know the future makes us remember the present and helps us forget the past.

thanks for the reply, very insightful! i see you are new too, welcome!

crispy88

I remember this quote from Oscar Wilde,I always like it.“Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.”
I'm not afraid of death,life is an illusion,the end is the beginning.

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
I remember this quote from Oscar Wilde,I always like it.“Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no tomorrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace.”
I'm not afraid of death,life is an illusion,the end is the beginning.

wow! great input there! welcome to LC too!  /hippie