login

Author Topic: Ever been completely alone on New Year's Eve, Christmas, your birthday? Share.  (Read 6701 times)

Taiho

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 40000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Taiho
  • I return from the Void.
  • A/S/L : 26, Male, Tasmania
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I will carry the Banner till I can no more.
  • Status Update: Hold your head up high.
The sad reality of people alone.
Sailing through the Sea of Stars.

NowImHere

I know  /hissyfit

Katrina

^I know that smiley it supposed to be wailing but I find it hilarious! :-D

NowImHere

I wail all the time :(

Nihil

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Nihil
  • Just a nobody.
  • A/S/L : 22yr old Dude from Belgium
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • My loner philosophy : People suck
I'm always alone on new year's eve. Dad usually has to work so i'm by myself. I don't celebrate it by myself though, i just go about my day as if it's any other day. There's real change anyway.

MyLifeMyRules

• Adult Filter OFF
  • Drifter
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MyLifeMyRules
  • A/S/L : 36/M/Ireland
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Conformity=Mediocrity
I have been alone on such occasions. It used to matter earlier in my life, but now I genuinely don't care. In fact, its a relief not to have to act like I'm having a good time when, in reality, I'm bored s   less.
“This race and this country and this life produced me, he said. I shall express myself as I am.”
― James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Jigen

• LC Regular
  • 40000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Jigen
  • "It feels like none of this is real"
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : I'm a kind-hearted nihilist.
  • Status Update: Surfing the lake of fire, and high fiving the devil
21st birthday. Read 50 pages of Huckleberry Finn at Barnes N' Noble so my parents wouldn't think I had nothing to do on my birthday. I rode my bike that night and cried in the dark.

"Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it." - Monty Python

"...to meditate on why mine has become the hand of hell."

EnglishChap

"Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it." - Monty Python

I've been watching some of Life of Brian today. Such great fun.

I don't think I've spent a birthday alone, not sure why. Spent one Christmas alone and it was miserable, largely because I was suffering with a chest infection at the time.

I frequently spend NYE alone and I enjoy it that way. I'm never tempted to head to the banks of the Thames for the firework show as that is pure madness to me; aside from the throngs of people it is jolly cold. That said, would like to spend NYE in NYC just once.

Caffeine

Never.. Except for the latest new year. I dont go out to the fireworks spot crowd nor having a baked-corn party like other people here do. Just messing around with the zombies from video games I played.

TrainerSilver

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To TrainerSilver
  • A/S/L : 15/m/Wonderland
  • I am : Cool Loner
  • My loner philosophy : I am who I choose to be.
  • Status Update: Being lonely in a not so lonely place.
On New Year's Eve, yes.  :icon_nif:

Man, it was horrible. It was a few years back when I had asked a special girl to go out with me for the millionth time. She said yes, but then she took it back. I was crying like a little wuss till six in the morning and then fell asleep. At least she became my girlfriend later on.  :rolleyes:
Be happy.

randomamazingperson

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To randomamazingperson
  • A/S/L : 30/Female/California, USA
  • My loner philosophy : I can have fun on my own, create happiness without others, and still welcome company without needing it.
Today's (Thursday) Thanksgiving. I'll be around my parents and siblings only because I live with them for now. I'll be in my room all day unless I go out today. Unfortunately, I got sick on Tuesday (a day before yesterday). Last night it progressed. I'm waiting it out to get better. In the meantime, I'm taking medicine to reduce the symptoms temporarily.
Long lasting happiness is created from within--accepting yourself as you are, not needing to change or do anything; loving, understanding, listening to, & being kind & compassionate to yourself; & knowing that you aren't damaged, defective, incomplete, lacking, or missing something, & you're normal.

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
To me holidays just feel kind of "blah" because there's no snail mail---I'm a junkie---and inconvenient, there are certain errands you can't get out of the way.  I don't really feel sad or lonely for family.  I do have guilt anxiety though.  A week or so ago a whole slew of people friended me on Facebook, including my younger brother.  I accepted of course but didn't PM him "hello".  I just feel too awkward about doing things like that.  Part of it's a fear of sounding glaringly fake.

Anyway, I worry about him being depressed and feeling rejected, the same as I do with a lot of my family, whom I'm avoidant toward.  I'm sure that sounds pretty terrible to members here, but its something deep-seated in my psychology  I just can't seem to do much about it.

A few years ago a fellow vegan, a major extrovert, invited me to Thanksgiving at his home with his girl friend, mother and friends, and I was such a dead fish it was very awkward, not to mention boring.  I'd much prefer to be alone, and there's plenty of ways to entertain myself to get me through the day.

randomamazingperson

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To randomamazingperson
  • A/S/L : 30/Female/California, USA
  • My loner philosophy : I can have fun on my own, create happiness without others, and still welcome company without needing it.
I avoid my family as much as possible. I look forward to the day I move out and never tell them my new residence. They aren't people I like being around.
Long lasting happiness is created from within--accepting yourself as you are, not needing to change or do anything; loving, understanding, listening to, & being kind & compassionate to yourself; & knowing that you aren't damaged, defective, incomplete, lacking, or missing something, & you're normal.

ilovepitou

As a child I made it a game to see if I could get through school without someone saying or singing happy birthday to me. Obviously I wouldn't talk about it leading up to the day. Every year there was one friend who would remember every year. She made an effort to remember pretty much all of her friends' birthdays, including me. It was bittersweet, because I lost my game every year, but it was pretty cool of her to do that. This was back before Facebook was a thing. Once it came around, a lot more people would be reminded of my birthday.

I might be alone this Christmas. It would be the first time I wouldn't celebrate it with my immediate family if so.

Rambler

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Rambler
  • A/S/L : 68/M/PNW
  • I am : Loner Stoner
  • Loner Personality: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
  • My loner philosophy : I'm friendly to all but that doesn't mean I want to spend any time with you
I'm never alone as I have a dog. I do hate to say, but she is getting quite old.