imagelogin

Author Topic: The physical world? What is it to you? Is it what it seems to be??  (Read 636 times)

Idonthaveausername

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Idonthaveausername
  • A/S/L : 18/Female/USA
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Life Is a Journey. We live in a world where we love to judge but hate to be judged.
The physical world? What is it to you? Is it what it seems to be??
« on: September 30, 2014, 06:00:44 AM »
Is it just the physical world we live in? Or do you think there s a metaphysical as well? Do you thing that we are limited to what our physical world really is? Or is this it? Do you think that there are other beings in this physical world that we cannot see?

I love questions like these by the way. I like to ponder it. Others would lose their sanity thinking about these kind of questions, but me... oh boy, this gets me started :love77:

The_Lightbringer

• LC Regular
  • 14626 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To The_Lightbringer
  • A/S/L : AGE: Unknown , SEX: Male , LOCATION:Somewhere in Time
  • I am : Lonely Loner
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : There is nothing more easiest than complicating your life !
  • Status Update: I AM GORGEOUS !
Re: The physical world? What is it to you? Is it what it seems to be??
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 11:22:29 PM »
It depends ................its like humans created heaven and hell cus they are afraid to die permanently............

-Auron are you crying too ?
-No ....i am just........fading away.......

emussel

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:28:22 AM »
I believe there is far more to our reality than what we think we already know....only I generally stop listening when people either pretend to understand it and thus define it or claim to know that there is beyond a doubt nothing beyond what we do not know.

I've experienced some things in this life that say to me yes there is more....there is something going on beyond the reaches of our understanding. Some things will just never be explained in my lifetime and that is fine with me. Some things may never be explained at all. I just don't believe any one of us can know for sure the nature of the great unknown....even those of us who have experienced the unkown....

Faaip De Oiad

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 10:06:34 AM »
I remember exploring something like this when I was around 6 or 7 years old... my brother and I were sitting at the kitchen table and I guess I was trying to figure out if we were both living in the same reality, so I devised a test to determine if what I was seeing was the same thing as what he was seeing, in this test I asked him stuff like "what colour is this?" and "what colour is this?", I concluded that we both lived in the same dimension and I never gave the matter much more consideration until the Matrix came out.
...and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

abstractx1

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To abstractx1
  • Alone
  • A/S/L : 25/M/UK
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Just be you, and forget what other people think. You know what is best deep down.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 06:14:50 AM »
I have studied quantum mechanics, and philosophy. The conclusion I have arrived at is that we cannot know, we just experience what we experience. It seems to me as though the universe unfolds the way it does in a way which avoids paradoxes with it's current state at any one time. I also believe that our experience, what we see, hear, feel.. our identity.. I believe this is all a dream shaped by a physical universe, via sensory input. I have walked through my dreams awake, as real as this, and felt the air in my lungs, and the cold on my finger tips, so I strongly believe that My 'being' is a construction. I know that I exist, nothing more, nothing less. I do not know how to determine anything more.

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 09:25:11 AM »
Is it just the physical world we live in?

No.

Or do you think there is a metaphysical [aspect] as well?

Yes.

Do you think that we are limited to what our physical world really is?

Yes.

Do you think that there are other beings in this physical world that we cannot see?

Yes, I do think we are surrounded by lifeforms or entities that we cannot see.

Why do I think this? Believe it or not, I've captured EVPs.

The most shocking recording I made was of someone whistling. I had my digital recorder set to voice-activated while I slept.

It was GD eerie.

And, I've watched my cats very carefully over the years. In 2008 I observed something very curious. I'm sure other members have seen how animals appear to stare at something we assume is not there.

Well, one evening I was standing in my living room talking to my tabby, Mrs., when her pupils dilated and she dropped low to the floor. She was looking at something behind me, then she slunk off to the bedroom.

When I turned around, naturally, I saw nothing, but I'm convinced it was only that I could not see whatever it was.

I have other reasons for my beliefs, but I'm not ready to share them yet.

One important thing people need to remember, our range of vision and hearing are both extremely limited. There are wavelengths and frequencies that we cannot perceive with our very limited senses.
History . . . is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake.

griffin

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To griffin
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Drifting along
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 09:06:29 PM »
I have studied quantum mechanics, and philosophy. The conclusion I have arrived at is that we cannot know, we just experience what we experience. It seems to me as though the universe unfolds the way it does in a way which avoids paradoxes with it's current state at any one time. I also believe that our experience, what we see, hear, feel.. our identity.. I believe this is all a dream shaped by a physical universe, via sensory input. I have walked through my dreams awake, as real as this, and felt the air in my lungs, and the cold on my finger tips, so I strongly believe that My 'being' is a construction. I know that I exist, nothing more, nothing less. I do not know how to determine anything more.
Well yes dreams can feel as real as reality sometimes. Very immersive.

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2016, 06:58:53 AM »
Is it just the physical world we live in? Or do you think there s a metaphysical as well? Do you thing that we are limited to what our physical world really is? Or is this it? Do you think that there are other beings in this physical world that we cannot see?

I love questions like these by the way. I like to ponder it. Others would lose their sanity thinking about these kind of questions, but me... oh boy, this gets me started :love77:

Considering how our brain processes input, I'd say that the world is not as it appears, and there is an interdimensional aspect to our existence.
History . . . is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake.

Pink Panda

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Pink Panda
  • C'est la vie
  • A/S/L : 21/F/Australia a.k.a. Straya
  • I am : Blonde Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Don't waste time on people who won't waste their time on you.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:17:24 PM »
Wow there are so many theories to consider here! So many philosophers have pondered through these thoughts and have come up with fascinating and somewhat scary explanations and rationalisations. However I am becoming more and more intrigued by the theory that we are living in a computer simulation you know sort of like the Matrix I suppose. It sounds crazy but it can't be disproven because the simulation (like a dream) seems absolutely 100% 'real' (whatever that means).  I'm just sayin' maybe you should look into it there are some pretty strong arguments out there.