login

Author Topic: As a loner, what is your attitude towards drinking/smoking/drugs?  (Read 19376 times)

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
Re: As a loner, what is your attitude towards drinking/smoking/drugs?
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2011, 01:22:22 AM »
Smoke a cigarette? Or weed?

If it's tobacco, that stuff is really hard to quit, even for years. I've quit for over a year at a time before several times, and ended up starting again because I'm hit by a monster craving out of the blue. Oh well, c'est la vie. It's not a big failing, it's just being human.

As for weed, well, I dunno. That depends on the person. It's not physically addictive, but it can be powerfully psychologically addicting.

People will be people, and they'll always let you down at some time or another. They're not perfect. So when it happens to me yeah, it makes me sad, but I try to forgive and forget, because if I were the one to let my friend down, that's what I'd hope he would do...
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

Kori

« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:23 PM »
I do not like any of them.. However.. if it is what makes others happy, then by all means..
"It will consume you away.. The morrow.. endlessly forthcoming.. bears no sustenance..." -K.

JJ

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2011, 02:29:42 PM »
@promth. : smoke a cigarette i.e. He smoked a cigarette. He is not  into weed.

News is...I couldnt do it,I couldnt smoke....always had the idea that there are better things to do than just waste urself into these stupid things...God knows HOW he fell for them!!!.. I agree, people will be people, they will let you down....I wonder what happened to that similar friend of mine...anyway, Im glad that I had control over my actions and ddnt act like a sissy...

uglygirl

« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2011, 08:07:01 PM »
weed is ok to me, as long as you don't overdo it. i dont smoke it all of the time though. i'm probably gonna quit though.

i've tried other drugs in my past. i did meth for a while and it was sick to watch. it helped me escape. i've tried coke before and X. just experimenting with the last 2.

im glad i don't do meth anymore, but sometimes i crave it because its just that easy to throw your life away on it. so easy to lose yourself on it.

i'm against all hard drugs though. its because of my experience which is in my past.

drinking, its bad. you hurt yourself, i don't think i like drinking, but i drink a lot to be social, to numb pain, to pretend. its hurting my liver.

Zulit

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Zulit
  • A/S/L : 20/F/Chile
  • I am : Romantic Loner
  • My loner philosophy : Be a rude loner won't make you better, so be kind when possible and needed ...
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2011, 09:49:05 PM »
Never smoke weed and alcohol isn't for me, it tastes sooo bad lol

I used to be a really hard tobacco smoker ... I don't smoke anymore, now I hate the smell of it :icon_vader:

loner535

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To loner535
  • A/S/L : 30/Male/Delaware
  • I am : Sad Loner
  • My loner philosophy : Ive never been intrested in anyone else life, other people just complicate my life i dont like to get involved
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2011, 01:14:53 PM »
How do you feel about drinking/smoking/drugs?

I don't indulge in any of those activities, never have, never will and its not due to religious or moral reasons. Its just something that I don't enjoy is and none of it is good for health either, so I choose to live without it. Unfortunately it is rare for me to come accross anyone close to my age today who does not enjoy these things on a regular basis. I do think this is one of the reasons for which was a loner in college, most socializing scenes involve abuse of all of the above and its just not a setting I would ever have fun in.
i feel the same way, i feel i can spend my time better than doing those sorts of things

waxyearwax

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2011, 01:53:41 PM »
Going to go ahead and express what seems to be basically the dissenting opinion here. Drugs are an important aspect of culture and consciousness. It's only a recent thing that drugs have gotten to be so taboo. They're significantly less dangerous to your health than the establishment would have you believe, if you're picking the right ones. Honestly, I don't understand how people can't tell what drugs have merit/don't. Must not read the Web or something..

- <3 psychedelics..taken mushrooms, 2C-E, LSD, Salvia
- Only dissociative i've had is nitrous. Fun but doesn't seem to be very valuable.
- I've rolled on molly once and taken bogus ecstasy once as well BZP/TFMPP. Bought an eightball of footpowder once too. That was disappointing, LOL. Don't really care for speed much in general these days. I Don't ever partake in caffeine/nicotine.
- Used to smoke weed quite regularly. Quit, though.

Matt

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Matt
  • A/S/L : 26-year-old male in Palm Bay, Florida
  • My loner philosophy : No real "philosophy", just trying to get by in the world!
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2011, 08:49:09 AM »
Never been drunk,high, or smoked so much as one cigarette. Kind of odd when I think it over, seeing as how I've grown up around smokers my whole life, and have always worked around people who did. I enjoy a beer or two with dinner, but have always kept control of my drinking, and I simply have never had an interest in any drug. I guess people will do whatever they're happy doing, I just wish the best for them!

NowImHere

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2011, 09:17:30 AM »
Im against smoking and drugs, I think it is terrible. I ahve Never drank alcohol, I kind of think it is a drug aswell as many people cannot give it up!

Loner_Life

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Loner_Life
  • A/S/L : 23/f/heavenly land
  • I am : Cool Loner
  • My loner philosophy : simple -js be wat u r....give a damn to the world...."u neednt be selfless,js dont be selfish"
« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
drugs is one thing i personally feel that one should neva ever try
well a couple of puffs and shots may not be that harmful bt i would say ..if u are lonely dont make smoking and drinkin as ur company...makes u feel gud bt kills/burns u frm inside...by the time u realise itz already toooooooo late....

P.S : i did try my hand at smokin once,...u noe js to get the rings they make out of each puff...bt taz js once ,,,
yeah a couple of shots -js wit frnds

nomad_Ess

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2011, 05:09:41 AM »
I believe smoking/drinking/taking drugs is an individual choice; however, I despise drugs from a personal point of view and cigarrettes too, because I know and have seen what they can do, to people I've known through acquaintences I've made over the years... and it isn't/wasn't pleasant.

I do drink, (although rarely to get "off my face"), which may reek of "hypocrisy" but I feel more comfortable with alcohol, perhaps misguidedly, because, it's legal, indeed cultural and because there is so much information freely available about the slippery pitfalls of excessive drinking.

Only Me

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Only Me
  • A/S/L : 22/m/brisbane
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • My loner philosophy : we are who we are, leave us be
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
i dislike drinking alot, it tastes so bad i dont see how people can down it
i left school in yr 10, just before all the drinking begins, i dont see the need to do it and society puts it into the youths mind that it is cool, i dont follow government or media, i do what i feel, well i try to. smoking cigarettes ive neva tryed, waste of money/no point/lung cancer, ive tryed weed before and i felt a little bit more relaxed, but in the end if you are not at peace/or happy with the stuff going on in your life, i feel weed doesnt do anything for me.

so in short, i hate drinking/cigarettes but i will give weed another chance once ive got to a good stage in my life. or i might try some xtacy pills to see the effects it has on me

Fuck The System

• Drifter
  • 116 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Fuck The System
  • life is what you make of it
  • A/S/L : 18/M/CA
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • My loner philosophy : some people are just meant to be alone forever,aka me.
  • Status Update: Eh        Eh       Eh       Eh        Eh        Eh       Eh      Eh
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2011, 01:37:42 PM »
weed is all i need, but once in a while a nice trip or 2 is fine. Drinking is for people that have a lot of friends and that party a lot...i have none therefore i do not drink.
did you know light bulbs actually do not even emit light? They suck up all the dark around them..Dark travels at a much more faster rate then light does.

NowImHere

« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »
Why weed?

Fuck The System

• Drifter
  • 116 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Status Update: Eh        Eh       Eh       Eh        Eh        Eh       Eh      Eh
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2011, 10:57:26 PM »
getting high help eases/hides the fact that i'm all alone. plus weed is way more healthy compared to the other drugs i use to do. do not smoke tobacco...smoke w33d.
did you know light bulbs actually do not even emit light? They suck up all the dark around them..Dark travels at a much more faster rate then light does.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2011, 09:14:56 AM »
I went wild as a teenager... I tried loads of stuff.  But not anymore.  I don't usually drink and I guess that's part of the reason why I don't enjoy going out much anymore.  It's dull to sit around drunk people.

It is also unattractive to date someone who smokes when you don't because their breath tastes gross.  Just saying...   :laugh:
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2011, 07:57:42 AM »
woah...

Just read through a load of these previous messages, most of you are clean living, law abiding, god fearing etc.
And, don't get me wrong, that's all good. You don't see the appeal and have resisted all manner of temptaion that the pitfalls of peer pressure offer your way. You guys are going to outlive the rest by at least ten years or so. No chance of seeing your shriveled lung transplant on a ban smoking poster campaign any time soon.

I smoke. I drink to excess. I use drugs on a fairly irregluar basis. I understand the health issues, that they are extraordinarily bad for me, and that I do them mostly out of bordem (maybe not so much the fags though, I only ever want to spark up while I'm pissed), but I like them.

I bloody enjoy them.

I admit I don't make certain habits a habit, you know what I mean? I go for long long streches with nothing stronger then a suger in my tea. I'm fully (and frequently) capable of having a pleasent time sober, but getting off your face on seven pints of pish and a cheeky line in the pub toilets is a proper good laugh. If, of course, you like that sort of thing... Sure, you can't remember most of it, and the mysterious bruises are a slight concern, but it's all a party. I've had some bad times because of binge drinking and 'hard' drug use, and I've had some truly excellent times as well.

I've done some stupid, pathetic, shameful, horryfing, embarressing things while I'm 'tired and emotional'; things that haunt me at three o'clock on a lonely Tuesday morning. But I'm glad I did. Mostly.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2011, 08:35:46 AM »
Yeah I have to admit sometimes I feel like getting totally WASTED
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2011, 06:49:06 PM »
It's switching off your brain, innit?
Pure escapism.

AllyRoo

• Drifter
  • 2930 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To AllyRoo
  • A/S/L : 20/ Female/ Massachusetts
  • My loner philosophy : People fear what they do not understand
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2011, 10:11:18 PM »
I've never been big into drugs or alcohol or anything like that. As a child, my sister (who is 20 years older than I am) had a hard time with drugs and alcohol, and also was involved with a drug addict. I saw her deteriorate, she's attacked me, threatened me, and I've also seen her near the edge of death from abuse from her ex boyfriend.

I think because of my experiences with my sister, I chose to be clean. I am also close with my parents, and want very much so to be the opposite of my sister and be a good child. I also don't like not being in control of my actions.

Granted I've tried things, like pot once. I never got into it because I felt guilty and wrong for trying it, and on top of it even the smell of it gave me a migraine and made me vomit. I've tried a few drinks here and there, but I am not big into alcohol either. My mom will let me have a drink on new years or something like that, but that is really the only time I ever do it.

As far as cigarettes, I am an ex smoker. Both of my parents smoke, so it was kind of embedded into my brain to smoke. But I kicked the habit only a few months after starting. Plus I didn't want to have that addiction on my back while trying to become a teacher.

So, I guess you could call me a goody goody, but that is okay. I'm happy with my choices.
*Image Removed*  

The_Lightbringer

• LC Regular
  • 14626 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To The_Lightbringer
  • A/S/L : AGE: Unknown , SEX: Male , LOCATION:Somewhere in Time
  • I am : Lonely Loner
  • My loner philosophy : There is nothing more easiest than complicating your life !
  • Status Update: I AM GORGEOUS !
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2011, 10:25:11 PM »
Oh, I'm just a social drinker. Every time someone says, 'I'll have a drink', I say, 'So shall I'!

-Auron are you crying too ?
-No ....i am just........fading away.......

Firo

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2011, 02:20:04 AM »
Unlike most of you I actually enjoy the taste of having a good beer or glass of wine. Now I never go out control and keep it in moderate amounts and even then, it something i do a few times a month if any.

Other than that, I can't say I've tried any drugs before such as weed. And I also don't smoke cigarettes. Just not my thing.

Also, I should add that I don't judge people whether they do or don't and respect there decisions. To his/her own.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2011, 06:59:23 AM »
@ Hylton:  Yeah when I was like 13/14 I got this bad habit of hanging around outside liquor stores with other kids and getting strangers to buy us these 10 dollar bottles of nasty vodka.  It was pretty funny but I guess pretty stupid too.  We were lucky nothing bad happened to us.

Now for women to go out drinking alone, you don't just end up with a few weird bruises.  You end up date raped.  It is pretty scary out there for girls.

But still, going wild sometimes is fun.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:55 AM »
hah, yeah, we used to get a friends older brother to by cheap cider and them awful flavoured vodka drinks and neck them down the park... least till we found a pub that would serve us.
It is a sick sad world out there though, girl I knew got a bottle in the face as she walked home. Spent time in a hospital while it all got patched together.
Not cool at all.
She didn't even live in a rough area, she just passed by some dickheads.
She don't let it stop her though, she still goes out and parties... but she don't home alone no more.

Fuck The System

• Drifter
  • 116 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2011, 06:04:39 AM »
the only reason I use drugs is to escape from reality, is this wrong?