Author Topic: As a loner, what is your attitude towards drinking/smoking/drugs?  (Read 19374 times)

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
Re: As a loner, what is your attitude towards drinking/smoking/drugs?
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2018, 05:37:53 AM »
I only really drink socially, and I rarely actually get drunk. I mostly drink the fruity girly drinks that taste good, I also will try a sip of some of my friends' drinks if it is a drink I haven't tried, because I a curious person. I don't like weed. I prefer edibles over smoking, but I am not a fan of the way it makes me feel. It kinda feels negative. Also, I've only ever had weed that came from dispensaries in states where it is legal, not from a random person. I've tried acid once and that's been my favorite so far. I really tried to be as prepared as I could and got it from a friend that I trust. I did it with two other people, including one who is very familiar with it. I basically spent the whole time eating. I wasn't someone who really hallucinated visually with it, it mostly changed my perception of touch and taste which was pretty cool. unlike weed, acid only had positive feelings for me. I was basically exploring like a baby. That said, I wouldn't do it alone, because it is a lot more likely that I'd get stuck in a negative loop. Anyways, I say that with all of them it feels almost pointless to do it alone.

i never really got the appeal of drinking but i do like the fruity ones! that said they do slip down a little easily!

LorriePaige

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LorriePaige
  • Vegan Hindu
  • A/S/L : 56/F/Oregon
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Be your own BFF. (quote made by me)
« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2018, 12:20:28 PM »
I read the first few replies to this thread and frankly I'm a bit surprised by the responses. It's as if it's assumed if you drink, smoke or do drugs, you do all of them excessively to the point of having a serious problem. Having an occasional glass of beer or wine from time-to-time will not harm you.

I have about 6 glasses of wine every one to two months. I drink Riesling wine because I love sweet drinks.

Anubis

« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2019, 09:40:03 PM »
I read the first few replies to this thread and frankly I'm a bit surprised by the responses. It's as if it's assumed if you drink, smoke or do drugs, you do all of them excessively to the point of having a serious problem. Having an occasional glass of beer or wine from time-to-time will not harm you.

I have about 6 glasses of wine every one to two months. I drink Riesling wine because I love sweet drinks.

Agreed. I think we need to take everything on a case-by-case basis. It depends on the drug and the person. Not everyone has an addictive personality and not every drug is addictive. I've met drinkers who are extremely productive and can go months without having a drink. I've also met alcoholics who can't be happy without getting drunk everyday. Same with weed, some stoners are fine smoking all day every day and some stoners just end up exacerbating their mental health problems. Again it depends on the person and the drug. When it comes to the harder stuff though, probably best to avoid it. I've yet to meet a casual meth user.

randomamazingperson

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To randomamazingperson
  • A/S/L : 30/Female/California, USA
  • I am : Cool Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I can have fun on my own, create happiness without others, and still welcome company without needing it.
« Reply #253 on: May 10, 2019, 07:22:21 PM »
I don't smoke or do drugs. I've drank beer or wine in the past. I don't like the smell of cigarettes, vape, weed, or cigars. I dislike how beer and other alcoholic beverages taste. There was one wine that I liked and only drank once. I don't like the withdrawal symptoms from beer and other alcoholic beverages. I got irritable and easily mad the day after. Wine isn't addictive to me. It's easy to abstain from beer and other alcoholic beverages because I dislike their taste even though I add soda to them to make them more bearable to drink.
Long lasting happiness is created from within--accepting yourself as you are, not needing to change or do anything; loving, understanding, listening to, & being kind & compassionate to yourself; & knowing that you aren't damaged, defective, incomplete, lacking, or missing something, & you're normal.

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
« Reply #254 on: May 10, 2019, 09:51:12 PM »
I don't smoke or do drugs. I've drank beer or wine in the past. I don't like the smell of cigarettes, vape, weed, or cigars. I dislike how beer and other alcoholic beverages taste. There was one wine that I liked and only drank once. I don't like the withdrawal symptoms from beer and other alcoholic beverages. I got irritable and easily mad the day after. Wine isn't addictive to me. It's easy to abstain from beer and other alcoholic beverages because I dislike their taste even though I add soda to them to make them more bearable to drink.

Try Saracco. It's a prosecco that's sweet and bubbly. It's kind of a go-to wine for beginners.
History . . . is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake.

randomamazingperson

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To randomamazingperson
  • A/S/L : 30/Female/California, USA
  • I am : Cool Loner
  • My loner philosophy : I can have fun on my own, create happiness without others, and still welcome company without needing it.
« Reply #255 on: May 11, 2019, 07:56:58 AM »

Try Saracco. It's a prosecco that's sweet and bubbly. It's kind of a go-to wine for beginners.

Thanks, Book. :)
Long lasting happiness is created from within--accepting yourself as you are, not needing to change or do anything; loving, understanding, listening to, & being kind & compassionate to yourself; & knowing that you aren't damaged, defective, incomplete, lacking, or missing something, & you're normal.

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
History . . . is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake.

tumbleweed

« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2019, 04:24:06 AM »
I don't do any of them either.  I drank too much for a short while, when I was in college, and found I didn't like that lifestyle.  Or the taste.  Anybody remember Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill?  I can't think of it without feeling a little nauseated. 

I've had wine occasionally, in social situations (what, me?  Yes.  I have tried socializing many times.) Some of them tasted--not so bad.  But I never felt any desire or need for more.  Don't like cigarettes either, and after a brief flirtation with amphetamines to stay up late studying for exams , I dropped that to.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with anybody else's choices; I'm just answering the question.  Nice to see some kindred spirits here, though.  Hmm, maybe "spirits" is a bad choice of words.  :)

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2019, 11:14:16 AM »
Lately i like making homemade local-sake, with cooked rice, yeast, & sugar, very easy to make & quick, in a week the liquid can already warm the belly & cause drowsiness, so it helps to sleep at night.
I <3 Loners-Club.com