login

Author Topic: As a loner, what is your attitude towards drinking/smoking/drugs?  (Read 19375 times)

AllyRoo

• Drifter
  • 2930 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To AllyRoo
  • A/S/L : 20/ Female/ Massachusetts
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : People fear what they do not understand
Re: As a loner, what is your attitude towards drinking/smoking/drugs?
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
I'm just speaking off of personal opinion and not trying to offend anyone, so please keep that in mind.

When it comes to using drugs to escape your problems, I find it wrong because I like/tend to be realistic and the reality is that it won't change, fix, or make anything go away. In my life I've seen drugs just make your problems worse. I believe there are healthier ways to escape from reality for a while. Personally, I take a nap, read a book, crochet, or do some kind of craft or play a video game. For me, these things provide a good escape for me and lets me relax.

In the end, it is your body and your life. The only time I get very up in someone's business about drug use is if they are putting others/children in danger or try to force others into doing them as well.

I believe that substances and material possessions will not make you happy, but accepting yourself for who you are and accepting your life for what it is now and trying to make positive changes to make your life more enjoyable will make you happy.
*Image Removed*  

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2011, 06:55:50 AM »
I'm with you on this one, actually. Very Zen Buddhist attitude, I can dig that.
I use them for recreational purposes (that most popular of excuses), but if you just using them to escape reality, what you gonna do when you come down, back into the world you're trying to escape? Have some more, obviously, that one's easy. But that's how you fast track yourself to becomeing an addict.
Better off finding a more kosher path to escapism. Books and crafts and all that, good way to keep them thumbs from getting idle.
Dunno about the crochet though. Alice in Wonderland played a lot of that, and look what happened to her...

AllyRoo

• Drifter
  • 2930 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To AllyRoo
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2011, 06:57:40 AM »
Lol crochet, not croquet! Crochet is like knitting, but you use only one needle with a hook at the end.

And I rather like Alice In Wonderland.
*Image Removed*  

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »
oh... right, with the knitting needles.. I totally knew that. Honest.
It was a good film, but I reckon that that Lewis Carrol matey had a lot in common with the opium-smoking caterpiller.
The bit with the carpenter and the sea lion monster thing, that was my favourtite bit. No sympathy for them oysters.

AllyRoo

• Drifter
  • 2930 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To AllyRoo
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2011, 07:36:09 AM »
Most people say that the books were literally an Acid Trip, but I see beyond that and have my own interpretation of it.
*Image Removed*  

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2011, 07:45:11 AM »
@ smurf the System:  Find me one person who for real doesn't use drugs to escape their problems.  Isn't that the whole point of the existance of drugs???
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

Katrina

« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2011, 06:40:13 PM »
Most people say that the books were literally an Acid Trip, but I see beyond that and have my own interpretation of it.

LOL really? I love that story. Acid trips sound so damn scary to me I don't know how people have the guts to try them. I always think if I ever try it and have a bad trip I'm sure I'd be screwed up for life.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2011, 09:07:56 PM »
Could be worth it though, scramble up those brain cells, keep them on their toes.
Remember, it's only the weak ones that die off.

Firzen

« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2011, 10:47:56 PM »
Actually that story has truth to it. You see an old book after about 50 or so years, the chemicals start to come off of it. Some sort of mold that when inhaled will give the "reader" a hallucination. So there's a small myth that goes about that says that all these famous ancient book writers got a lot of their inspiration smelling old books.

Katrina

« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
Could be worth it though, scramble up those brain cells, keep them on their toes.
Remember, it's only the weak ones that die off.

I'm sure it could be worth it, have read some fantastic stories about what people saw while tripping. I am to much of a wuss to ever try it though, but who knows, people change.

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To prometheus
  • The World is Beautiful.
  • A/S/L : 30/M/USA
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • Status Update: I'm thinking
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »
@ smurf the System:  Find me one person who for real doesn't use drugs to escape their problems.  Isn't that the whole point of the existance of drugs???

Religious reasons? A lot of the native americans knew of and consumed some entheogenic plants for religious rituals. Like the Peyote cactus, for instance.
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

FarmGiraffe

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2011, 03:15:56 PM »
I never enjoyed drinking. It gives me allergies. One time I got drunk in high school and everyone in the popular group was so excited by it. I did read somewhere that getting drunk allows evil spirits to enter your body, so I never tried it again.

I've never done smoking or drugs. Which is why I'm young-looking. I'm about to turn 27 but I still look like I'm 20.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2011, 04:08:26 PM »
heh heh, yes mate! Evil spirits..

I'm still getting told I look younger then I am. Mostly by shop assistants stood by the rum counter. Just before they ID me.

Katrina

« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:19 AM »
I did read somewhere that getting drunk allows evil spirits to enter your body, so I never tried it again.

Evil spirits...so that's why people act all crazy when they're drunk!

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2011, 08:01:14 AM »
So I stand corrected.... Drugs can be used for religious purposes, but I guess most religious people I run into are too straight-laced for me to have considered that, lol.

Why don't you guys try an acid trip?  It sounds like a lot of fun, if youre in a safe environment, lol.  I am joking but only 50%.  Just make sure you record it on video and post it on YouTube for all of us to see   :smiley:
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

Katrina

« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2011, 08:13:31 AM »
Hahah, Vox have you ever tried it?

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2011, 08:18:29 AM »
So I stand corrected.... Drugs can be used for religious purposes, but I guess most religious people I run into are too straight-laced for me to have considered that, lol.

Why don't you guys try an acid trip?  It sounds like a lot of fun, if your in a safe environment, lol.  I am joking but only 50%.  Just make sure you record it on video and post it on YouTube for all of us to see  :smiley:

Granted, that's almost never the reason people use them these days. ;)

I've come to strongly dislike drugs and alcohol. Been there, done that, now I'm through. They all suck; better to find healthier ways to enjoy life or deal with problems.
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it. Where is there a place for you to be? No place... Nothing outside you can give you any place... In yourself right now is all the place you've got.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2011, 08:59:19 AM »
Hahah, Vox have you ever tried it?

No, but I wouldn't mind actually.  I don't think it's a dangerous 'try it once and you accidentally fry your brain' drug.  But if I ever do it would have to be a special moment.  Like at a renaissance fair.  Imagine tripping out at one of those.  Centaurs and fairies.

By the way, has anybody here ever gone to a renaissance fair?

prometheus

• LC Addict
  • 115867 credits
  • View Inventory
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2011, 09:51:05 AM »
I want to try one of my religious plants some day. But it's going to take a long time to prepare my mind for it; including having some deep meaning of life type question I want to ask. I don't think they're for playing around with, and have to be approached with respect (as nature always intended them to be). So some day, but until then I don't want to get my ass kicked. lol

But what I'm talking about here is something totally different, though, than my last post.

Oh and yes, I have been to a renaissance fair. A couple of times, they're pretty cool. :)

1josephjohn

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:20 PM »
How do you feel about drinking/smoking/drugs?

I don't indulge in any of those activities, never have, never will and its not due to religious or moral reasons. Its just something that I don't enjoy is and none of it is good for health either, so I choose to live without it. Unfortunately it is rare for me to come accross anyone close to my age today who does not enjoy these things on a regular basis. I do think this is one of the reasons for which was a loner in college, most socializing scenes involve abuse of all of the above and its just not a setting I would ever have fun in.

I agree 100% and I am  a loner because of this.
I am  a loner due to the drug epidemic.

TheIdiot

« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »
none on these habits is a cure or a way out from loneliness. On the contrary, they seem to make the problem even bigger. I used to drink a lot when I was in my 20s and looking back at those times I think that it was merely a desperate attempt to interact with other people without limitations. Usually when I was drunk I used to talk a lot to others, hug them, express my need for love and company. Well ... the hangovers were a completely different thing. During my 30s and till now I smoke a lot, both cigarettes and hash. I find hash very helpful in creativity (music, drawing) but since its a social drug it has its bad bad moments when one is alone. Plenty of times I have regretted for using it and then interact with other people, since it makes false friendships feel worse than they are.  A long time ago I used to like smoking hash with other people, but after the masks fell I prefer to keep it to myself.

Katrina

« Reply #121 on: May 05, 2011, 05:24:49 AM »
^Hangovers, I'm so happy I've never had one. Its good you realize none of these things are a cure to loneliness.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #122 on: May 05, 2011, 12:44:55 PM »
They make a bloody execellent temporary solution though

The_Lightbringer

• LC Regular
  • 14626 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To The_Lightbringer
  • A/S/L : AGE: Unknown , SEX: Male , LOCATION:Somewhere in Time
  • I am : Lonely Loner
  • My loner philosophy : There is nothing more easiest than complicating your life !
  • Status Update: I AM GORGEOUS !
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2011, 11:44:33 PM »
I drink but not too much . Like everything the alcohol have good sides and bad sides . If you want to see the alcohol's bad side you must take at least 10 shots of whiskey............In other meaning do not drink too much and you wont see the bad side of the alcohol .

-Auron are you crying too ?
-No ....i am just........fading away.......

kenny1984

« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2011, 02:31:29 PM »
I was hooked on pain killers for the last three years. I didn't turn to it but i was prescribed it at first for a neck injury from a car accident. They should only prescribe that crap in extreme cases of pain not a little whiplash. Anyways if you ever get in a accident or somthing and the doctors say they are gonna give you somthing for the pain ask them if it's a opiate. If so, stay away tell them you want somthing that isn't addictive. Pain killers are extremely physically and mentally addictive. It will ruin your life i promise you.