Author Topic: "Situations"  (Read 102 times)

KASINI

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To KASINI
  • We're all crazy, it's just a matter of degree....
  • A/S/L : 52/M/Nevada
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
  • My loner philosophy : Yes
  • Status Update: Anticipating...
"Situations"
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:47:26 AM »
Good evening everyone.  I had something happen today which only reminded me of numerous other occurrences from my past that proved to be not so good.   You know the type of situations that arise almost out of the blue that you never had any idea would occur but suddenly they are there and now they are causing such a problem? 

Ok so today I go out to run some errands.  I had to go to the gas station to fuel up and get a wash.  As I pulled into the station, I realized with great appreciation that there was an empty pump available (this particular station is busy).  As I approaced, suddenly from the other side this big jacked up pick up (there are a lot of them in my city), emerges and places himself in the spot.  I cursed but hey, the guy got there first.  The driver of pick up gets out and goes into the station.  I sit there waiting patiently.  About 10 minutes later, he comes back out and gets into his vehicle. 

I'm pissed.  He used the empty pump space as a parking spot.  As he is pulling away, I stick my hand out of the window (I don't flip him off but just gesture irritatingly).  Suddenly the pick up guy stops and looks at me and has this over the top "Merican testosterone attitude...immediately the hairs on the back of my neck stick up and I just pull into the now vacated pump space.  He drove off but I half expected him to get out of his truck and come at me....

A part of me wanted to engage this ----hole but I knew that it was no good.  But man, I was pissed...so wanted to...Suddenly my feel good state was all eviscerated...

Anyone have one of these crazy all of a sudden situations and what was your reaction, how did you handle it?

Outpost

• LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Outpost
  • A/S/L : 30s/M/Out There
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : If it's worth doing, It's worth doing alone
  • Status Update: ..... and so on and so forth
Re: "Situations"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 11:54:20 AM »
^ This type of situation is actually pretty common. Everybody has to deal with the society's filth once in a while. Only thing to do is to walk away or try to avoid the situation altogether. Not because you're a bigger man or some nonsense like that. Because of what a waste it would be lose life at the hands of some half-evolved primitive. 

Long live George Zimmerman.

emussel

Re: "Situations"
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »
This reminded me of back when I was working third shift at a truck stop ten years ago. Sometimes trucks would just pull up to the pump and not get fuel. So I would ask if they were getting fuel or not. Well this one particular time I asked the driver if he was getting fuel and he just grunted and shook his head, so I took that as a no. So I go back inside and start reading the newspaper. Twenty minutes later this guy goes back out to his truck and finds that it hadn't been fueled and freaks out. He came storming in calling me every name he could think of. I told him that I'd asked him and he'd shook his head. My coworkers backed me up saying people pulled up just to park all the time. Well every time he came in for the next two weeks he'd boom "Where's that IDIOT who didn't fuel my truck!" "There's the IDIOT!" I just figured he'd had a miserable childhood or something so I just put up with him until he either forgot or got bored of it.