Author Topic: Your Username  (Read 2046 times)

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
Your Username
« on: October 02, 2013, 04:58:14 AM »
When you pick a username, is there any special meaning/inspiration behind it? Do put much thought into it or just come up with something random? Do you ever find yourself at a loss for what to choose?

I'm curious.  :laugh:
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

jeremiah

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 150000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jeremiah
  • A/S/L : 61/male/WA
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Long is the night with the fool.
Re: Your Username
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »
When I first came to this forum I was going to use "Jethro", which I use on another forum, but it had alread been taken so I had to think of a new one.  I don't know why I chose Jeremiah.  Maybe I just liked the sound of it.   I prefer an actual traditional name, rather than the more whimsical ones that most people use on the Net.  I prefer not to have numbers behind it, but sometimes the system requires that. 

ms_strange

• Adult Filter OFF
  • Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To ms_strange
  • A/S/L : 39/F/Oregon
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : When in Lone... wait, that's not it. Uh. I don't have a philosophy about it any more than I have a philosophy about breathing.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 02:53:41 PM »
I ganked mine from Arabella Strange, wife of Jonathan Strange in Susanna Clarke's novel, "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norell".

I'm not married, hence the 'Ms'

emussel

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 06:53:25 PM »
I chose mine because I am in fact a super intelligent mussel living attached to a rock in an anonymous inter-tidal zone. I chose to add the e as I am using the internet, telepathically of course as computers don't work here when the tide comes in and I have no fingers, hence my name emussel.

Udntneed Toknwmaname

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 09:31:27 PM »
its nice to know emussel had a meaning behind it.........and mine reflected what i used to be when i joined the forum......most people thought of it as gibberish,random words,but after a while emussel cracked it and found what it meant..........thats what i used to be .....just random ,but when you care to look and understand ....i meant something .....it was like i encrypted myself,waiting for someone to decrypt and see what lies within.....i did that to see if someone could crack the code,not just my name but me as a code and understand how it all worked,the why,the how,the what,the when......i just wanted to see if someone would see ,but i guess i was too good when it came to that,cause no one would notice......they were too busy in their everyday affairs to notice what was always there.................until recently,now im thinking of changing it to "LCakasolliloquist where is account delete button that ive been asking for for the last 3 months".............

emussel

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 10:48:39 PM »
^Yeah...took me a while but I cracked it. For the longest time I thought it was just gibberish until one day it just clicked and I saw it clearly.

emussel is actually a shortened version of my name. Someone here actually cracked mine once but he was pretty cool about it. Didn't continue calling me by my last name which would have royally pissed me off. Once is fine.

Mystic Cow

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 2012 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Mystic Cow
  • A/S/L : 25,M, USA
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Look alive
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »
I usually use the same username for everything but forums; that is, if you don't count social media as forums. This mirrors real life, where usually most people recognize you as the same personality. In order words, identity is ultimately universal. Otherwise, I create by usernames by something personal that I don't mind sharing. I'll let my own name speak for itself...

LeTheRightOneIn

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LeTheRightOneIn
  • "Never change for anyone."
  • A/S/L : 34/Female/Florida
  • I am : Romantic Loner
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Not sure.
  • Status Update: Concentrating on Healing myself.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 02:06:47 AM »
Mines pretty easy to be honest, it's one of my favorite movies which I grew to love! But also when I think about it, I let a lot of wrong people into my life and looking to meet new people into my life. I want to let good people into my life: not people who will try to hurt me or abuse me in any way.
Let The Right One In.

It's also hoping that when I do fall in love again; when I'm ready that I'll find the right person for me. Allowing them to truly see who I really am, without me trying to hide away or be scared of them judging me. I've had a lot of horrible boyfriends in the past and let the wrong ones into my heart.

andyluvsfilms

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 04:36:43 AM »
I'm a total film addict, i normally watch a dozen a week, anything from big blockbusters to foreign or documentaries. We all need something if we're a loner and films are my saviour. I use this username on any forum im on, twitter etc

carbon

• LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To carbon
  • scaffolding kung fu
  • A/S/L : 47 m shaqratomatillo
  • Loner Personality: INFP (The Idealist)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 03:40:00 AM »

couldn't have guessed what your name meant - mine is just what I'm mostly made of ..

EdgeCrusher

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »
I use some variation of this as my username for pretty much everything. It's always great those few occasions when someone recognizes it. It is the name of a song and character from an album by one of my favorite bands, Fear Factory. The album is part of a story about humanity vs intelligent machines. That is probably my favorite science fiction theme, or rather anything to do with artificial intelligence. Especially when it goes into human evolution and the combining of organic and synthetic as part of how we evolve. I find it fascinating and think that even if we don't ever create artificial intelligence on the level that we see in science fiction stories, we will at some point be advancing ourselves by implementing synthetics into our bodies. If that ever leads to increasing our intelligence and how much of our brains we actually use, that is incredibly fascinating to me.
I'd rather have a mind open with wonder, than one closed with belief.
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

emussel

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 11:34:28 PM »
A super race of rich kids huh? Or would it be done at no cost for everyone? I've put some thought into it as well and I'm more interested in the negative social implications of it. There would literally be a super race of geniuses who's parents could afford the intelligence augmentation or who were otherwise chosen to be augmented...it is interesting. I see some of them perhaps joining the opposition making for an interesting plot. Screw utopia, ain't gonna happen. My vision of the future includes terrorist organizations and interstellar drug smuggling operations.

EdgeCrusher

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 12:34:24 AM »
Oh I have no delusions as to what would happen. There would likely be mass riots about how it's like "playing god" with protestors saying it's unnatural. Who's to say what is unnatural? If we possess the capacity to do it and then we do, that isn't even a concern. Someone will do it anyway. Actually, the earliest steps of that have already happened. We have hooked up bionic limbs to the human nervous system, and they work. We have developed bionic eyes that that have given blind people the ability to make out shapes in shades of black and white. Which means the brain is directly controlling them. It's only a matter of time before it goes beyond that. Our brains after all, are electrical impulses. We already are machines in a way. When someone gets mad or sad at something, do they choose to do it? No, they just do. How is that drastically different than what we know as programming when it comes to machines?

Anyway, we would likely cause ourselves more problems with it than anything else though. Technology is not just a blessing, I think it is a curse too. Barring some kind of disaster outside of our control like an invasion from a hostile alien species or an asteroid colliding with Earth, when our time comes it will be no one's fault but our own. We often get so caught up in what we CAN do, that we often don't stop to think if we SHOULD do it. It's just human nature.
I'd rather have a mind open with wonder, than one closed with belief.
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

LoneFox

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LoneFox
  • If I never loved I never would have cried!
  • A/S/L : 23/Female/Canada
  • I am : Eccentric Loner
  • My loner philosophy : If I never loved, I never would have cried. ~Paul Simon
  • Status Update: Just thinking about finishing my profile...
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2014, 04:40:19 AM »
There is always a reason beside my usernames, but you'll see, there will never be any numbers! I don't like them, they make the username, not like a name!

Often, I like to put my username in an other language, as my passwords. And there is almost always something in link with loners and everything like that. I normally use "Samotnik" wich means loner in polish, but it's my second account that got it... I deleted my first email adress! And "Lonefox", I usually take him for creating a website. You know, I already created a website, and I called him "Lonefox".
Lucid dreaming is another way to talk to myself...

randomamazingperson

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To randomamazingperson
  • A/S/L : 31/Female/California, USA
  • I am : Cool Loner
  • My loner philosophy : I can have fun on my own, create happiness without others, and still welcome company without needing it.
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2014, 05:12:55 AM »
I have a default username that I use for my email address and usernames for other accounts. However, this one is a different username that I made. I wanted to be anonymous and my username to be positive; hence, randomamazingperson.
Long lasting happiness is created from within--accepting yourself as you are, not needing to change or do anything; loving, understanding, listening to, & being kind & compassionate to yourself; & knowing that you aren't damaged, defective, incomplete, lacking, or missing something, & you're normal.

Estella Deuce

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2014, 09:27:29 AM »
Estella Deuce is actually the name of a character I once created while playing a video game

End Result

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To End Result
  • A/S/L : 51 Male UK
  • Loner Personality: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
  • My loner philosophy : Social interaction-I wouldn't if I could. I couldn't if I would. Except sometimes.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 02:47:18 AM »
This seems a bit egotistical, talking about my "favourite subject"-ME!-but anyway, my username comes from my belief in a lack of purpose to life. ie. I'm not religious so I don't believe there's a grand plan. I think there's just a series of causes and effects and random occurrences and that I (and you, and everyone else) am the just the end result.

Idonthaveausername

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Idonthaveausername
  • A/S/L : 18/Female/USA
  • My loner philosophy : Life Is a Journey. We live in a world where we love to judge but hate to be judged.
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 01:26:05 AM »
My username is a paradox? I think? (correct me if I'm wrong). I could not come up with a username so this is my username. I also feel as though my username should not matter to people but it's my thoughts and idea's that count. However, I can't be "usernameless" so I must have something /lol

ilovemusic

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2014, 02:45:47 PM »
Eh sometimes I choose some random word(s) as my username, but in this case ilovemusic does have a meaning to it and an obvious one too, hah.  :wink:

CurlyK

• Adult Filter OFF
  • Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To CurlyK
  • A/S/L : 35/Female/USA
  • I am : Happy Loner
  • My loner philosophy : Turning my dreams into reality without interference.
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2014, 03:53:59 AM »
I'm lousy at naming anything, even a pet.  I usually pick one or two small details about myself or my life and create it from there.  My username here is a nod to my naturally curly hair and the K is for kayaking.  I envy people who can create awesome user names with seemingly no effort.

jyp-in-the-home

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To jyp-in-the-home
  • A/S/L : male
  • My loner philosophy : The world seemed reasonable when it only composed by black and white, but when the grey came that's when the difficulties were born
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
It just randomly popped into my head when I was going to fill account name. But I believe it came from a quote frequently shouted by Jackson from a reality show I've been watching lately. He used to shout "jwp-in-the-house!" to other members on the program, but I changed it a little so it became jwp-in-the-home, sounds dull..hhaa :grin:
-- There is an antidote for every illness, we only have to ask it --

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 05:29:28 AM »
when i made my first ever account for something (club penguin lol), i saw an ad for a film called p'tang, yang, kipperbang on film 4 (tv channel), then i thought kipperbang would be a memorable name

KASINI

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To KASINI
  • We're all crazy, it's just a matter of degree....
  • A/S/L : 52/M/Nevada
  • My loner philosophy : Yes
  • Status Update: Anticipating...
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 10:56:12 AM »
It is quite memorable....have you ever had kippers and eggs for breakfast?

Kipperbang12

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kipperbang12
  • This whole "imaginary underground" got me thinking
  • A/S/L : 18/m/uk
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : loners are the cool ones ;)
  • Status Update: bug infested floorboards - can we leave this place now?
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2015, 05:53:22 AM »
It is quite memorable....have you ever had kippers and eggs for breakfast?

i have a deep seated hate for eggs  /muntah lol

Nihil

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Nihil
  • Just a nobody.
  • A/S/L : 22yr old Dude from Belgium
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • My loner philosophy : People suck
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2015, 02:49:55 AM »
Mine stems from a certain Youtube Channel, initially just thought it was a cool word and name.

Thought it kinda fit me too as I felt like a big shot in the internet scene but was just a nobody or nihil in the real world.

drywall jesus

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 12:31:45 AM »
I just thought usually when I'm by myself I just stare
Off into space and sometimes its a wall.  Sometimes
You see patterns in the paint/stucco: drywall jesus was
born.

drywall jesus

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2017, 07:22:41 AM »
thanks

pauly17

• Lurking Crowd
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To pauly17
  • I am : A loner who doesn't want to be a loner.
  • Status Update: Why in the hell I signed up to this creepy place and why I would say one word about myself on here is beyond me, must of been drinking heavy that night!
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2017, 01:47:14 AM »
I have a few different user names I use, in here it is just my nick name with the year.

Other names names would be tazenter which is taz the cartoon character with enter "tazenter" taz is entering.

Another is landshark a skit from the original SNL with John Belushi, Gida Radner etc..

Screw this place, makes me feel worse!

I am trying to delete this account but can't for some reason?
It asks for password but will not accept my password?

If anyone that is in control of this site like a moderator please delete my account, get me the hell out of here.......