• 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
« on: April 19, 2013, 02:55:34 PM »
What do you think the world will look like in 2050?

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
Re: 2050
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 06:13:22 PM »
Honestly, I couldn't imagine. Technology is way too fast... they probably know how to make all the cool gadgets from sci-fi movies already. Look at all of the newer handheld devices handphones or tablets these thing could play games like playstation.

emussel

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »
I'll be at the ripe old age of 69 and still bitching about how cool the late 90's were. That is if I don't get hit by a bus in the mean time.

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
  • A/S/L : 29/F/ The shadowlands beyond Asshai
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:41 AM »
There'll be a couple new gadgets and the young will say they can't possible imagine how people lived without them back then, but our lives will be basically the same.
I talked to a guy a couple weeks ago, and he said that in thirty years time there will be no countries or big companies anymore, but people will live in small communities and function in cooperatives. As some say, maybe the way our society is structured and the forces that move it need to change, and maybe I'd be glad if that happened. But on the other hand I am sort of happy with the anonymous life I live, a smaller, tighter knit community would be a place where I wouldn't be likely fit in.
Do you think by then WWIII will have already taken place?

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 01:34:41 AM »
Another war?! It is possible. :icon_crap:

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 06:18:01 AM »
World War III has been and long gone, if you think beyond the idea that a war is all millions of soldiers sat in trenches
first one technically was the Seven Year War, right, then the Great War, then everyone took time to reload ready for World War II, then the Cold War, then the War on Drugs, then Terror, now it's all cyber attacks and uprisings and economic sanctions
World War 7.5 by my count

bitching about how cool the late 90's were. 
the 90s were pretty cool

and he said that in thirty years time there will be no countries or big companies anymore, but people will live in small communities and function in cooperatives. As some say, maybe the way our society is structured and the forces that move it need to change, and maybe I'd be glad if that happened.

I seen something similar, as far as countries borders will cease to exist, except it's going to be massive city states. Judge Dredd style Megacity 1. Planets populations are all moving towards the concrete. Tokyo is already a megapolis, Taihieno Belt, same as the north east coast of North America, Boston down to Washington. Places like Dakar and Lagos, Metro Manila are already too big too manage, and they're getting bigger.

Personally, I reckon we'll all be flooded out

Faaip De Oiad

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
I'll tell you when I know for sure... check back at a later date.
...and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Elthron

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 30 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Elthron
  • Not all those who wander are lost...
  • A/S/L : 21/m/England
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : There is is beauty in darkness and silence.
  • Status Update: A brief but bright return...
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:00:57 PM »
Population problems, climate change and we'll probably have run out of oil (though that isn't necessarily a bad thing). That's if north Korea hasn't started a nuclear apocalypse by then. It doesn't look fantastic. I should start stocking up on tinned food  :tongue:.
Far out in the uncharted back-waters of space - at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy - lies a small, unregarded yellow sun...

Faaip De Oiad

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 08:22:26 AM »
we'll probably have run out of oil

That won't happen for a long time... the penguins are sitting on a gold mine of oil, they know what's up.

...and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 08:00:25 PM »
Emperor penguins had better implement some reforms soon then, or it's Antarctic Spring

Idonthaveausername

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Idonthaveausername
  • A/S/L : 18/Female/USA
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : Life Is a Journey. We live in a world where we love to judge but hate to be judged.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 06:18:21 AM »
This is a very interesting question. I think I will propose a couple of theories, which may or may not have been mentioned. 2050 us appropriately, from this date 45 years from now.....

1) It will still be the same. There will be new hands on technology for the future generations. There will be different people running each country. Some international conflict will be resolved, only up to certain extent. People will be more open-minded towards groups previously discriminated against. Extreme countries (meaning countries of strong beliefs that conflict with ideologies of other countries which have or will contribute to conflict among other countries like terrorism in Iraq and so forth) will either still be extreme or people of those countries will fight back against to have their power again.

2) Countries will become more hostile towards one another. There will be small wars in different countries. World War 3? Possibly. I do not see the world ending with a nuclear explosion. Why would a country use a nuke? It's a lose lose situation especially since we will all die from fallout, if not the explosion. There are too many extremist and what makes it worst is that they are stubborn. This goes more beyond the actual actions, but the personalities of these leaders. I will give a very good example: World War 1. In short, it was not caused by the assassination of Archduke France Ferdinand. They teach you that but it's BULLSHIT. It was because of their (the leaders) personalities. Serbia didn't want to sign the ultimatum proposed. I could go into more detail but I don't want to /lol . Some countries might even collapse on themselves and flee somewhere else too.

3) The world will be in corruption under higher powers but they won't know. The world will be secretly taken over by these higher powers and it is slowly happening. Think of it like the Holocaust and how it was a slow gradual process until the Jews were sent to concentration camps and exterminated. No on will know but once they find out, it will be too late.

4)The world will be in corruption due to the collapse of power, anarchy if you may. People will go crazy because they know they cannot return to their normal lives.

5) Someone on here mentioned that there would not be any countries? Hmmm, interesting... it could be possible, but I am trying to wrap my mind around how that would happen. If anyone would like to explain, please be my guess.

Basically.... we will be smurfed if we don't get these corrupted extremist out of power. Things will just go down hill. That goes for america and other countries as well.