Author Topic: If there were only two persons left in the world...  (Read 886 times)

Noether

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Noether
  • A/S/L : 29/F/ The shadowlands beyond Asshai
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
If there were only two persons left in the world...
« on: March 18, 2013, 04:46:23 AM »
If there had been a cataclism and there were only two people left in the world, you and someone else (your same gender, no possibility of bringing the human race back), how close would you be to that person? How often would you like to see that person? Just as much time as was necessary for you both to survive or would you go further? For example, would you bring that person a half rabbit if you had managed to catch one and then leave or would you bring the whole rabbit and eat it together? How do you think your lonerism would be affected? Would you feel closer to that person just because it's the last of your spicies?
I think I would be more of a loner than ever with no one around to judge, I'd try to help that person in whatever way I could, but I would like for us to go our separate ways. Poor other person, what a nightmare for her.

Faaip De Oiad

Re: If there were only two persons left in the world...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 04:55:40 AM »
never been much for male-bonding, I'd get as far away from him as I can.
...and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

emussel

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 04:56:15 AM »
This is reminding me of a conversation I had with my second girlfriend. We were going through some dark winter days and we were imagining ourselves stranded on some deserted island. We concluded that eventually we'd be living on opposite sides of the island and only visiting each other occasionally.

But to answer the question...Hmm. It would depend on whether or not I liked the person, whether I'd go my separate ways or not. Either way I'd still go off to find my alone time...definitely have our separate dwellings. I'd imagine we'd get together at certain times...maybe to eat or catch food, cooperation can be key with stuff like that. But it would suck if the other person was some socially needy extrovert, in that case I would probably get going on my own eventually. They'd probably try to follow for a while but I'm sure I could lose them. I don't think I'd become close to just anybody just because they were the last person on earth...it would depend entirely on who this person was. The whole thing reminds me of the book The Road.

Voxtrot

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 33390 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Voxtrot
  • A/S/L : 27/F
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Do something useful with your life, yes please thank you.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 02:35:01 PM »
Wild crazy post-apocalyptic love story. My imagination is sick.  :embarrassed:
“Many homicidal lunatics are very quiet, unassuming people. Delightful fellows.”  Agatha Christie

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 07:22:06 PM »
Foods could be shared, no problem. We will get closer but it's not gonna change my nature that much, I will seek solitude. I still need to interact with him at times though. He's the only person that I have.

Nihil

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Nihil
  • Just a nobody.
  • A/S/L : 22yr old Dude from Belgium
  • I am : Social Misfit Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : People suck
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:33:14 AM »
Kill him before he kills me.

Taiho

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 40000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Taiho
  • I return from the Void.
  • A/S/L : 26, Male, Tasmania
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • My loner philosophy : I will carry the Banner till I can no more.
  • Status Update: Hold your head up high.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 11:47:16 AM »
I'd probably put a few hills, countries and continents between me and him. I can't be the only human left, I just couldn't be.
Sailing through the Sea of Stars.

Mystic Cow

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 2012 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Mystic Cow
  • A/S/L : 25,M, USA
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Look alive
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 05:28:30 AM »
I honestly would like to find that person and just watch him do stuff without him knowing I was there. I mean if we're the only two left, then there's really no point in trying to salvage civilization. And I'd rather not risk him killing me, so all that's left is entertainment. If he knows I am still living, then my first thought is to find a ice floe and make like a polar bear.

koenigsegg

• Adult Filter OFF
  • Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To koenigsegg
  • A/S/L : 17/M/NY
  • Loner Personality: ISTP (The Mechanic)
  • My loner philosophy : When feeling lonely, just eat in front of a mirror.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2014, 07:06:32 AM »
I would definitely go separate ways, and head north. Something like this scenario would be only in my wildest dreams. It'd be epic...

Idonthaveausername

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Idonthaveausername
  • A/S/L : 18/Female/USA
  • My loner philosophy : Life Is a Journey. We live in a world where we love to judge but hate to be judged.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 05:56:00 AM »
This is a very interesting question. I would try to bond with her the best way I could. If we need to become dependent on one another to survive, then that is fine with me. Will I still try to seek solitude now and then? OF COURSE since it is already in my nature and it will help me maintain my sanity. It would be nice if we were separate, and visited each other sometimes, kind of like a neighbor thing, especially since I am used to that now anyways. I will share food with the person and that kind of stuff. Will we become close? More likely than not, yes. There is no telling of what could happen between us, such as our sexual desires. That will either make us asexual all together or... lead to other things... But like I said, there is no telling. You could say one thing and end up doing the other.

abstractx1

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To abstractx1
  • Alone
  • A/S/L : 25/M/UK
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INFJ (The Protector)
  • My loner philosophy : Just be you, and forget what other people think. You know what is best deep down.
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 06:02:20 AM »
Honestly, I think being completely alone with your thoughts is frightening. I understand that other people are true loners, and could easily go their separate ways, but I imagine when I am ill, afraid, missing the smiles from my past, someone to say hello to. Just knowing that there is someone else there is a blessing. I'm a loner, but only because I can't find people I deeply connect with, someone that understands the way I see the world, the way think. I would definitely become close to this person in terms of being there for eachother, a loyal companion. I imagine it would be like brothers in arms on the battlefield. I'd share my rabbit. Obviously many other paramters as it depends on the mentality of the other person.

Book

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 500000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Book
  • M O D E R A T O R
  • I am : Extreme Loner (i'm here neither to make friends nor enemies)
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 09:00:59 AM »
Honestly, the only person I could spend any amount of time with would be my father. He was a good, kind man.

He loved me unconditionally and I loved him unconditionally. We got along extremely well.

The only other person I'd consider for "the deserted island" scenario would be my sister, but we'd have to live on opposite ends of the island because she is also an extreme loner.

It's kind of interesting. My folks married and my Mom brought my brother to the marriage. He turned into an extreme loner, then both my sister and I were born and we turned into extreme loners too.

Huh . . .
History . . . is a nightmare from which I'm trying to awake.