Author Topic: How did you deal with the people in the past...  (Read 434 times)

FarmGiraffe

How did you deal with the people in the past...
« on: February 13, 2012, 02:04:36 PM »
Who told you they loved you but you didn't feel the same way?

The way I love someone is based on the way they make me feel. It's really my feelings that tell me whether someone really loves me or not.

Anyway, when people said they "loved" me but I didn't love them back, I just talked to them less and less often. At first I enjoyed the ego boost but I'm not supposed to really. When one persisted I told them I felt harassed (it ended badly, don't try it). I tried to summon myself to be there for them when they needed and wanted me to be, but I just couldn't because I could tell their love wasn't real. Another one I just sort of walked away. She got the picture anyway and got new boyfriends shortly after.

Hylton

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Regular
  • 781 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Hylton
  • A/S/L : english
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : Illegitimi non carborundum
Re: How did you deal with the people in the past...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 02:59:24 PM »
girl I'm messing around with, she tells me that sometimes. usually during a moment of passion. first couple of times I vaguely agreed, the last time I just sort of ignored it

At first I enjoyed the ego boost but I'm not supposed to really.
I get that too! dunno why though, like, ego boost are meant to be enjoyed, you know? but I get uncomfortable

FarmGiraffe

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 03:12:10 PM »
Well it's dangerous to keep engaging in "romance" with someone just because you get an ego boost and not because you really love them. It tends to end in emotional frustration at the least, if not abuse and burned bridges... people have also been known to kill, themselves and others, over a led-on love.

Shaneth

• Banned Member
  • Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Shaneth
  • Grinning since 1973 80% proof and intoxicating ;)
  • A/S/L : 38/Male..im pretty sure/ Sydney
  • I am : Angry Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • Status Update: Complaints Line back 02 89719686 +61487207725 Skype shane.schuberth ring damn you RING and feel the wrath of a lordling XD
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
Only ever happened once I was 18 and totally palmed her off, and hurt her badly.. :icon_sueno:. one of the many things during that time I wish I could change. :uuu:
Here's a riddle: When is a croquet mallet like a billy club?
I'll tell you: Whenever you want it to be!
Cheshire Cat
:azn: