Author Topic: Multicultural Nation: Pros and Cons  (Read 383 times)

oldsoul86

• Drifter
  • 1000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To oldsoul86
  • A/S/L : 25/F/USA
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Don't conform. You'll never know who the hell you are.
Multicultural Nation: Pros and Cons
« on: December 11, 2011, 07:33:56 AM »
I am the most open minded person I know, but it seems that America has a long way to go before we can be considered united. Race and culture never stopped me from relating to people and making acquaintances but it's not true for most people I encounter. As bigoted as this country is, should this land have been left alone? I heard a conservative say once that people should have stayed in their native country. What do you think of that?

Let's be real, but NO racist remarks.

Fat Loser

Re: Multicultural Nation: Pros and Cons
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:52:11 AM »
Personally I like the idea of multiculturalism, here in Sydney its awesome, different cultures, ideas beliefs to choose from. If we had remained isolated would it really have made things better? I doubt it, I think it may have made things worse in the long run, and yes there are always going to be conflicts within a multicultural infrastructure, but how much worse would intolerance between cultures, races and beliefs be if we hadn't been able mingle and share these things. We will eventually grow to accept each other more, as time goes on. At least that's the dream. From an Australian point of view I hope we can move past the bigoted bullshit and move forward.
[

oldsoul86

• Drifter
  • 1000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To oldsoul86
  • A/S/L : 25/F/USA
  • I am : Just a Loner by Choice
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : Don't conform. You'll never know who the hell you are.
Re: Multicultural Nation: Pros and Cons
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
 I'm glad to get an outlook from someone from another country to see if they experience the same thing we do. I heard that London has some issues with that too. I've enjoyed the many things I've learned from other races and backgrounds. Things no book could teach you. I think as long as the earth turns, there will be problems with multiculturalism. One of the reasons I left the "church" is because I got tired of seeing churches with a predominate culture. I was uncomfortable in a church with one race in it. Even my own culture. It didn't seem right to me and given the fact that the main thing they discuss is love and acceptance, I find it a little hypocritical.