login

Author Topic: Skyrim  (Read 805 times)

Firo

Skyrim
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:58:54 AM »
Just like mass effect, I thought I'd start a thread about Skyrim discussion.

My character is jack of all trades I guess, built my character all wrong  :rolleyes: But Still going to keep going.

PS- Recently died a horrible death, I thought I saw a treasure chest in a dungeon, ran to it, but fell in a pit with a cage and died. I cant count how many times I've fallen off things. :embarrassed:

Fat Loser

Re: Skyrim
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:55:19 AM »
I love the game... dont want it to end so I keep going off to do little missions. But the cage sounds familiar, if it is the same one there should be something nasty at the bottom apart from the abrupt stop.

As for me, Dark elf big on war axes, and now dual weapons, thief and occasional magic.
and I love trying to push how far I can jump off cliffs and survive, still haven't gotten it right when I rushing though
[

Taiho

• LC Addict
  • 40000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Taiho
  • I return from the Void.
  • A/S/L : 26, Male, Tasmania
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I will carry the Banner till I can no more.
  • Status Update: Hold your head up high.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:43:25 AM »
I love trying to push how far I can jump off cliffs and survive, still haven't gotten it right when I rushing though
There's a dragon shout that lets you become Ethereal. Basically you take/deal no damage so it's useful for getting down mountains quickly.
I saved a game atop High Hrothgar where the Aurora shines so brightly. As of right now, I'm waiting on some good mods.
Sailing through the Sea of Stars.

Fat Loser

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:22:13 PM »
Hey brother, yeah I got the shout but didn't know that was its use.. gonna use it more often. And what of these mod's you speak of Brother Sky?  :huh:
[

Taiho

• LC Addict
  • 40000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Taiho
  • I return from the Void.
  • A/S/L : 26, Male, Tasmania
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I will carry the Banner till I can no more.
  • Status Update: Hold your head up high.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 12:37:48 PM »
Most of the mods at the Nexus:
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/ (this is where I get a majority of my mods from).
At the moment, most of them are high texture replaces. I'm gonna wait a few months before something hits the shelves.
Who knows, you could ride your own dragon.
Sailing through the Sea of Stars.

Fat Loser

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 01:20:36 PM »
thank you brother be checking that out shortly
[

EdgeCrusher

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »
i played the shit out of it when it first came out. i have like 70 hours in and i think ive only dont like half of what there is to do lol. im a sneaky elf archer.... thief. kind of a thief. i dont break into peoples houses but sometimes i swipe random things when no ones looking lol. im taking a break though to catch up on some other much shorter games.
I'd rather have a mind open with wonder, than one closed with belief.
You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same.

Sil Ver Quin

• LC Regular
  • 30000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Sil Ver Quin
  • Boom!
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: ISFP (The Artist)
  • My loner philosophy : if it makes me happy then why not ?
  • Status Update: This is the best forum in the internet... :)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 05:33:48 PM »
Ive just played Skyrim.... Its a bit too late to play :p Im glad ive tried it though, it's incredibly beautiful :v
I <3 Loners-Club.com

Kilgore Trout

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:24 PM »
I have resisted playing Skyrim for more than two years now. I own it on Steam just in case, but so far I haven't opened it even once. This is because everyone I know who played this game ended up becoming dangerously addicted and dropping something like 100 hours into it on average (yes, I counted! And I arrived at this statistic by looking at Steam playtime only. I have two friends who also own console versions and spent many more hours with these too). I've never seen a game be so uniformly addictive to so many different people.

The likelihood that I belong to the dim minority who doesn't get incurably addicted to Skyrim is very, very slim. Eventually I'll get around to playing it, but right now I don't want to dedicate so much time to a videogame.
"Does your reputation bother you? But look at how soon we’re all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of all those applauding hands."
Marcus Aurelius

emussel

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 08:27:56 PM »
I'm a fan of Skyrim, one of the few computer games I play. Not addicted to it by any stretch though, I tend to play it for a month or so get bored and give it a rest while I get back into civilization V or something of the sort. My first Skyrim character was only level 60 something....high sixties? And was Thane of all holds, owned all available properties and was worth well over a million in gold. He was a Redguard and interestingly relied entirely on brute force (no magic for my first character) That was a challenge I'll tell ya.

I haven't been playing the game since earlier this past summer but I really don't get lost in it, sure I can put some hours into the game when I'm playing it but it doesn't really detract from my "real life". I did pick up the Hearthfire expansion for something like five bucks and that allows you to purchase, build and decorate estates, my nine year old niece loves that aspect of the game and used to sit next to me and watch and give her input.