Author Topic: A Week & A Couple Days?  (Read 621 times)

J12055

• LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To J12055
  • Hmmm...
  • A/S/L : A Young Brotha In The Lone Star State
  • I am : Loner by nature
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : No One Should Appreciate You More Than You.
  • Status Update: ... And Then I Realized I Didn't Have To Be A Loner, Alone. ;) - Ross
A Week & A Couple Days?
« on: October 05, 2011, 05:05:33 PM »
Okay, so I was just chillin, right? And it dawned upon me..

I've only been here:

A Week & A Couple Days!!

... and I was wondering if anyone has even thought about that?
It amazes me how you can find something so meaningful.. and before you know it you don't even realize how long you've had it. How easily you can take it for granted. How easily you can forget how meaningful it was to you in the first place. So yea.. I'm thinking (at the time I found this website), "Who are these people? Where did they come from? How did they find this website? What made them look for it in the first place? Should I participate? Should I show them who I really am? I don't know these people and yet I already feel like we're connected somehow someway."

Man, who would of thought that I would be participating on a website called "Loners-Club".. Who would have thought I would find it as interesting as I do? Who would have guessed that I would touch some people's lives on here. Who would've thought that I'd even come close to making friends on here? NOT ME!! Ohhh no no no no.. Not Ross!! Why would I let myself be apart of some group knowing how I am?? Trust me, I was so hesitant and reluctant it's ridiculous and there's others out there that has done the same thing. Matter of fact, I was thinking (before I registered) there's probably a lot of people that come here, has a lot to offer and ignored it. Kept it movin. But no, something told me I should go ahead. Stop being so stingy with yourself I thought. They're alot like you go ahead.

People always told me I should be apart of something. I did sports that I did above average at. Football, baseball, track & field, basketball, cross country, powerlifting, which I did well in them all. Broke some records, Star Athlete, but I didn't care about any of it cuz it wasn't what I really wanted to do. I felt so alone in all of the above. Really, I just wanted to be alone.. and I felt like people loved me for all the wrong reasons. I felt like almost everyone and everything was temporary so what's the point?

I wanted something that would last.. permanent. Eternal. I studied Christianity mostly and other beliefs. It was just me and the books mostly. Preachers were my friends. I'd ask'em a thousand questions and get answers from each for the same question. I wanted to understand my purpose. I started realizing I would have to direct myself to get a lot of answers I needed. I didn't really have many "normal" friends. And it was hard to relate to the ones I had.

Anyways, I don't necessarily know what all of this would mean to any of you, but I'm just ventin and thought maybe it would do somethin for some of you. Perhaps a few of ya got some questions for me or have somethin You wanna say yourself. I just want y'all to know I do appreciate u and I'm interested in who ya are. Not just what you have to say. Everyone has a voice, but who is it behind the voice? Most of everything I do is motivated by what I would appreciate from someone. This thread is just one of'em. Sooo yea.. If you can't think of somethin to post I'll give u some questions I'd like answered.

Who are you? Not just who are you, but who are you? And what do u want ur voice to say to the world or those u love? Feel free to say whatever you want to though.. there is no rules for this thread.
"No One Should Appreciate You More Than You!!" - Ross (Me)

Taiho

• Adult Filter OFF
  • LC Addict
  • 40000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Taiho
  • I return from the Void.
  • A/S/L : 26, Male, Tasmania
  • I am : Nerdy Loner
  • Loner Personality: INTJ (The Scientist)
  • My loner philosophy : I will carry the Banner till I can no more.
  • Status Update: Hold your head up high.
Re: A Week & A Couple Days?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »
Who am I? Last time I asked that was in Grade 9. I finally found an answer though, but you need to take away everything.

Names - Just titles to identify something. Of little importance.
Abilities - Saying your good at something doesn't make you unique.
Place in the world - You to focus on yourself for once. Ignoring what you are and what you do is important.

What you have left is a Human being different to everyone else but how do you know that if you can't use any of the above or judge by comparison. You are effectively locked in a box until you find what makes you, you.

This is the answer: It's a matter of perspective. The outside can't decide who you are, it has to be from you and that's the true answer.
Self-perspective and what you mean to yourself. This is the true you, the inside you who judges every action and measures every response. It's the critic watching over your personality that is the key to self worth.

Do what do you do? Use the critic to identify what makes you different and meaningful to yourself. Example: Me, I value Honour and Friendship above my family, so I know that makes me unique and that's how I could also interact with other people with the same mindset.
You might think it's about personality, but even that is just electrons floating around your head.

"I think therefore I am." Is the basic saying. I like to think I'm viewing my own actions in third person.
Sailing through the Sea of Stars.

eye_hate_society

• LC Regular
  • 5000 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To eye_hate_society
  • A/S/L : 669/Male/USA
  • I am : Anti-Social Loner
  • Loner Personality: None of the above.
  • My loner philosophy : I am what society made me............
  • Status Update: Hi Powder Puffers....Meow
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 08:01:01 PM »
I'm just a total smurf up. Never really been able to get anything going on in my life. Dead end jobs, no drive or ambition. Basically a loser. Well it is what it is and I accept it. I just prefer to be left alone. That's all I really care about now.............

Optimistic, aren't I?
I have X'd myself from your world.
Charles Manson

J12055

• LC Regular
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To J12055
  • Hmmm...
  • A/S/L : A Young Brotha In The Lone Star State
  • Loner Personality: INTP (The Thinker)
  • My loner philosophy : No One Should Appreciate You More Than You.
  • Status Update: ... And Then I Realized I Didn't Have To Be A Loner, Alone. ;) - Ross
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 01:48:59 AM »
@Sky
Bro, that's real deep. Grade 9? Damn man, what have you been thinkin about ever since then? lol. Electrons floating around your head? Lmao!! I know I've replied to that already in a pm, but I just wanted to say this after reading it again.

@Eye!!
I appreciate your honesty sir, lmao!! VERY optimistic INDEED!! I have to say though, it's quite interesting to see how so called smurf ups or losers end up being some of our most influential persons on earth. And it's hard for me to think of someone of great humor and honesty to be such a "loser" or "smurf up". I could've wrote the Exact same statement you did so I can't judge you, but it's a matter of perspective, ain't it? Sometimes the very things that made us "smurf ups" or "losers" are the exact things that catapult us to being the exact opposite.
"No One Should Appreciate You More Than You!!" - Ross (Me)

danonolan

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To danonolan
  • A/S/L : 33/M/Oklahoma City, OK
  • I am : IT Loner
  • Loner Personality: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
  • My loner philosophy : Just dislike people, and feel that with the exception of my very few, very close friends, that most peole aren't worth knowing.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 12:15:17 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly.   Look at Abraham Lincoln.   He had a steady stream a failures, political and otherwise, before he was finally elected president.   People thought Albert Einstein was mentally retarded early in his life.   People are only seen as losers by others until they find their niche in life.   Then they excel beyond all expectations.  It simply takes some longer than others to find it.
"In the absence of will power, the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless." - Aleister Crowley

LiB

• LC Addict
  • 100100 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To LiB
  • A/S/L : 26/m
  • Loner Personality: ISFJ (The Nurturer)
  • My loner philosophy : Live life let live.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 01:25:36 AM »
Great, great thread Ross and I agree with what you said to eye_hate_society.
danonolan said it well too, and I wonder why you didn't post here for such a long time bro?

danonolan

• Drifter
  • 0 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To danonolan
  • A/S/L : 33/M/Oklahoma City, OK
  • I am : IT Loner
  • Loner Personality: ISTJ (The Duty Fulfiller)
  • My loner philosophy : Just dislike people, and feel that with the exception of my very few, very close friends, that most peole aren't worth knowing.
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:17:18 AM »
I'm a web developer/sysadmin for a living. While I love my job, and couldn't see myself doing anything else, most days when I get off work, the last thing I want to see is another computer.
"In the absence of will power, the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless." - Aleister Crowley